Cris Cyborg Calls Out Miesha Tate For UFC 205 Card

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

"I think it would be really cool to fight Cyborg, honestly," Tate said at a recent media gathering in Los Angeles. "Like to really see what it's like to be in there with someone with her power.

"I'll be the first to admit, physically I think I would be at a disadvantage, but I think that I can be the one to prove that I have the heart, the durability, the determination and the will power -- and technique -- to overcome that kind of challenge. And that intrigues me. That would be very rewarding to me."

"Cyborg" fired back one more shot at Tate on MMA.tv telling the champion that she's not cutting down to 135 pounds for the fight, but if she wants to fight to meet her in New York on November 12.

"I know how this story goes. I'm not going To 135," Justino wrote. "Beat Amanda. Sign the contract. Then I will see you in New York. We can make it easy for the fans."

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...ut-miesha-tate-for-ufc-205-in-new-york-062316

Pretty stupid that Cyborg refuses to try a cut to 135, especially when she's calling out the champ. Regardless, I'd like to see this fight happen. Belt on the line or not.

Calls out the champion of a weight class she isn't even willing to fight at. Classic.

Tate will find an excuse not to fight Cyborg at any cost and the shills like the poster above will come up with the BS about a 5lb weight difference. The UFC Shills and Tate know this would be her fate.
10000821.gif

Calls out the champion of a weight class she isn't even willing to fight at. Classic.
Yep. I doubt at this point she ever fights for a UFC title. She'll just keep calling girls out to fight her at 140.

Same old. Cybork asking the champ to move up since it'd be more "convenient" for her. She clearly doesn't want to let go of teh gainz. Can't say I blame her.

Yep. I doubt at this point she ever fights for a UFC title. She'll just keep calling girls out to fight her at 140.
And the UFC certainly won't make a Women's 145, there are only 15 fighters ranked in that weight class on fightmatrix right now.

It's a shame five more pounds is so problematic for her, I'd love to see her match up at the 135 class against most of the top of the division. I don't think a champion outside of the UFC should demand that UFC champs or other fighters should *come up* to meet her. It sounds silly.

Damn You'd think she would wait & see who'z champ & call that person out.

Book it Dana.
Meh don't book it. Plenty of good fights already at 135. I'm expecting Miesha will keep the belt but there is Holly, Cat, and not holding my breath, Ronda comes back.

Tired of Cyborg calling out 135s. Make that weight or stfu.

It's not even Cyborg writing it. It's that guy with the broken dick.

When Miesha Tate tweeted out the thing about "only 9 more pounds" or whatever it was, Tate seemed pretty supportive and then Cyborg responded with a really dickish tweet. The ball is in Cyborgs court, make weight or stop calling out fighters in a divisions lower than you.

Meh don't book it. Plenty of good fights already at 135. I'm expecting Miesha will keep the belt but there is Holly, Cat, and not holding my breath, Ronda comes back.

Tired of Cyborg calling out 135s. Make that weight or stfu.

I understand your sentiments, I just want to see Cyborg Terminate some bitches.

lol, typical Cyborg move. Calls out champ for catchweight fight she knows probably won't get made, can't take Ronda's name out of her mouth, calls herself a champ. Next she'll be saying she's literally die making 135 and Tito will call Rousey scared.

Tate will find an excuse not to fight Cyborg at any cost and the shills like the poster above will come up with the BS about a 5lb weight difference. The UFC Shills and Tate know this would be her fate.
10000821.gif

How have you been a member for this long and yet still have no idea how weight cutting works?

It's just annoying now.

Shut up or make the weight.

And the UFC certainly won't make a Women's 145, there are only 15 fighters ranked in that weight class on fightmatrix right now.

It's a shame five more pounds is so problematic for her, I'd love to see her match up at the 135 class against most of the top of the division. I don't think a champion outside of the UFC should demand that UFC champs or other fighters should *come up* to meet her. It sounds silly.
It does. She comes off very poorly calling people out for catchweight fights. Either count yourself lucky if the UFC throws you a bone and you get a catchweight fight, or stay in Invicta and be a 145er.

Back