If Conor beats Nate dominantly in their rematch do you want to see a rubbermatch?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Conor was looking pretty good in the 1st round until he blew his wad attempting to take Diaz out with 1 punch. He then gassed and got outclassed by Nate.

If McGregor comes into the rematch and dominates and finishes Diaz do you want to see a third fight?

Yes! But after Mac winz the 155 title so that it will be for the McGregor Belt!

upload_2016-6-23_18-43-42.png

Last edited:
I suspect all the haters who jumped shit will hop right back on the McGregor bandwagon.

Robbie is next.

Sure, a trilogy match at some point. But hopefully not three in a row.

No, too much other good potential match ups.

I'm honestly not sure Conor will grant him a rematch. He'll probably say he's focused on title fights and other crap. He won't outright admit he doesn't want to risk a second loss to Nate.

of course, 2 fighters where you are guaranteed action.... Id happily watch them fight every other week if they could, the first fight was awesome(obviously not the result I wanted, but still)

If that somehow happens then they should fight again somewhere down the line. I'm sure that Conor will eventually be at LW like Nate. But Conor needs to fight the winner of Aldo/Edgar next. Defend the belt and no more fucking around.

If Conor wins they won't rematch.

Edit: But he won't win so who cares

No. It would be pointless. Conor was beating him effortlessly the first time until he gassed. If Nate doesn't prove that early dominance to have been a fluke, a rubber match is silly.

Yeah but not immediately. Featherweight is hotting up now, the Diaz thing was fun as a side-road and the rematch will answer some questions but featherweight is as good a division as any. If they actually start bring through the likes of Bektic, Amirkhani, Rodriguez to name a few then there will be some serious fights to be had, particularly with Holloway's run.

So if McGregor wins, my ideal timeline for the rubbermatch would be 4-5 fights later.

Sure. A rubber match is absolutely due. He got his ass kicked by a guy on 11 days notice. Then he beats (he wont) Nate in a full camp. He proves the first fight was a fluke.

I mean this is the company that gave a over the hill Wanderlei Silva a trilogy fight with Rampage, even after Rampage got destroyed twice.

"IF" and it's a massive "IF" he wins then he needs to fight Aldo/Frankie and defend his 145 strap. After that then who knows, i would a 5 round war between Nate and McGregor where McG wins a split decision and then it goes to a third.

No. Defend the fucking title already. Isn't anyone else sick of the entire division having to wait until Conors done testing out other weight classes?

Yes but not after the fight, lets say in 2018 or something like that

I'm honestly not sure Conor will grant him a rematch. He'll probably say he's focused on title fights and other crap. He won't outright admit he doesn't want to risk a second loss to Nate.
14:14 “When the f*ck have I ever got a rematch with anybody. I’ve lost plenty of fights where I wanted a re-match. The people I try to re-match are like – no way, I dodged a bullet on that one… I don’t want that fight ever again.

Back