Which realistic opponent would you like to see Nick Diaz return against?

Fight To Win

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Someone on an FB group just suggested Uriah Hall vs. Nick at 185 and something went click in my brain. Geez that fight would be potential fireworks especially if it can get the chance to be a five-rounder and really ramp up a pace. It could be the fight that the Condit matchup should have been...

But yeah which realistic opponent would you guys like to see Nick fight? Realistic meaning not a Lawler rematch for the title, as a prime example.. I'm about as delusional as it gets when it comes to Diaz fans and that's saying something... but even I admit the dude is 1-2-1 in his last four with his last win coming over a bloated BJ Penn with one foot in his career's grave already.. in 2011...

So that fight isn't realistic as much as I am dying to see it go down while they're not old.

I woulda liked to see him fight Matt Brown.

Lawler

Not unrealistic at all. He will get that fight

Come on, how is the answer anything but Robbie Lawler. Can you imagine the promos and hype build up?

Come on, how is the answer anything but Robbie Lawler. Can you imagine the promos and hype build up?

Dude trust me, if they signed that I would throw my money at that fight in every possible way. It'd be an insanely tense and entertaining buildup, even ignoring the fireworks that the fight itself would produce.. It doesn't seem realistic though. Dana's not exactly a Diaz fan.

Matt Brown seems like a generously high profile opponent for a fighter coming off an extended layoff that has one UFC win since 2006. Let's make that one happen.

I'd like to see CM Punk put his undefeated record on the line vs Nick

i have a feeling he'll only come back for lawler or gsp. although a fight against matt brown would be fireworks.

Dude trust me, if they signed that I would throw my money at that fight in every possible way. It'd be an insanely tense and entertaining buildup, even ignoring the fireworks that the fight itself would produce.. It doesn't seem realistic though. Dana's not exactly a Diaz fan.
Idk man... It makes sense if it makes dollas... I could see it feasibly. You and I would both "shut up and take my money!" So that's two of us to start

Came here to say this.

He deserves a rematch after the shady decision and spam fest by Condit.

People who think that decision was shady need to get fitted for tinfoil hats. Diaz got straight up embarrassed.

I remember hearing talks of him and Bisping, I'd like to see that if he's planning on doing more 185 fights.

Idk man... It makes sense if it makes dollas... I could see it feasibly. You and I would both "shut up and take my money!" So that's two of us to start

Yeah but forums would go nuts. We'd end up with a thousand threads on undeserved title shots, how it's an insult to Maia, it's not a sport etc.

Then they'd all watch it.

At 170, Rory/Wonderboy loser would be good, and timing is about right.

Why would you even think this? Nick has buckets of money to make if he fights.
He only wants big fights which not only does he not deserve, they aren't really out there if he did.

It's been 1.5 years since he fought and no announcements, plans, or even good rumors.

I think if he could get out of his contract he would go crush cans again but he has shown no desire or plans in this UFC run other than sit around and say "gimme gimme".

Back