What's Next For Yair Rodriguez?

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Yair Rodriguez is a TUF: Latin America winner, 4-0 in the UFC (7-1 overall) his last win being a KO of the year contender in his flying head kick knockout over Andre Fili. That win over Fili placed him at #14 on the UFC's official rankings and is likely to get a step up in competition next time out. Who would you guys like to see him fight?

I'm all for giving him a test against someone in the top 10, but I can also see their being a case for people wanting to see him take on someone just outside, in the 10-15 range first. If I had my way, I'd like to see him take on Jeremy Stephens, although due to the Barao fight he may also be getting a big fight next. If not Stephens, I'd like to see him fight Cub Swanson.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Cub Swanson sounds good. An experienced all-around guy that can test Yair's develpement so far. I like.

Feed him Halloway or Lamas IMO.

Seriously, the guy could KTFO Conor right now, he is that good.

I'd say Ortega after he strangles Guida but that would slow down one of their young contenders.

Hacran Dias would be a stiff test methinks.

I'd say Ortega after he strangles Guida but that would slow down one of their young contenders.

Same thing I was thinking him and Ortega would be a scrap

I considered Ortega/Guida winner (meaning Ortega) but man, I'd hate to see one of them break their streak. Fuck it though, it would be a great fight.

A wrestler. Maybe Bermudez if he is free.

I think Cub would kill him.

Stephens is an interesting fight, see if his flashy stuff can work on a guy with chin and power that will walk him down.

Cub Swanson is still too good to make that fight, i'd like to see him against a guy in the 7-12 range like Bermudez, Dias, Oliviera, Elkins, or Ortega. Stephens would be a good choice but he's obviously been promised something bigger. Barao might be interesting too but i don't know if they do that, Barao needs a low risk fight and some confidence and that's a big step up for Rodriguez.

Cub Swanson is still too good to make that fight, i'd like to see him against a guy in the 7-12 range like Bermudez, Dias, Oliviera, Elkins, or Ortega. Stephens would be a good choice but he's obviously been promised something bigger. Barao might be interesting too but i don't know if they do that, Barao needs a low risk fight and some confidence and that's a big step up for Rodriguez.
Well that promise could have been a pay raise or something.

Is a bum version of Pettis

he is a little bit too fresh i don't like the way he lunges forward when throwin punches it leaves him open to be countered by a good boxer

Back