Who should Taisumov fight next?

igorunso

Wrestlef*ck & Chill
@Orange
Reaction score
Taisumov ( http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mairbek-Taisumov-33161 ) was supposed to fight Dariush in Boston. Unfortunately he had visa problems and was removed from the event. I think they will target him to the german fight night in Hamburg.

After knocking out 4 bums in a row they just have to give him someone ranked.

Rankings: Red is scheduled
Champion : Rafael Dos Anjos
1 Khabib Nurmagomedov
2 Eddie Alvarez
3 Tony Ferguson
4 Donald Cerrone
5 Nate Diaz
6 Edson Barboza
7 Anthony Pettis
8 Michael Johnson
9 Michael Chiesa
10 Beneil Dariush
11 Dustin Poirier
12 Al Iaquinta
13 Bobby Green
14 Rashid Magomedov
15 Evan Dunham

Khabib will obviously fight in NY. Nate Diaz will fight Conor or whoever but nobody not ranked.

So... we got Pettis, Johnson, Iaquinta, Magomedov and Dunham... Who should he fight and why?
I would hate a matchup against Magomedov. But the UFC knows how to kill one of 2 prospects..

Or should they keep him feeding bums?

I kinda like the idea of a Dunham or Pettis fight. They've gotta give Pettis someone ranked lower than who he's lost to recently.

Pettis or Johnson would be a good challenge to see how he is against mid to top 10 competition

Still wanna see him vs dariush though

Still wanna see him vs dariush though

he is fighting at 199, depending on the damage it could be possible. Hamburg is in september.

My theory is they are hesitating because of the visa problems to give him a real fight. i don t know why he had problems but bulding up a contender who can t fight in vegas is useless for the ufc

Raging Al would be a good fight, if and when he ever comes back.

I'd give him a chance to avenge that horrid loss to Prazeres.

I'd give him a chance to avenge that horrid loss to Prazeres.
i got a nice quote after-fight

"Mairbek Taisumov is a very tough and athletically gifted fighter, however this fight showcases what a lack of boxing skills can do. He spends too much time training muay thai and should instead focus a lot more energy into his boxing. His relatively weak boxing defence was exposed by the Brazilian fighter, he also failed to mount any significant boxing combinations and instead relied on infrequent kicks which simply didn't do enough damage to garner any respect from the opponent.

I hold a strong belief that muay thai should always be a secondary striking discipline, and boxing the first. This is because muay thai kicks and knees are too slow and should really only be thrown now and again to maximise damage and implement unpredictability. If it's the other way round any fighter with superior boxing can overwhelm the muay thai style of fighting as boxing is much QUICKER and HARDER to defend. Gustafsson vs Jones is a prime example of this, and yes I know Gustafsson still lost but that was more due to cardio than anything else.

It's a shame Taisumov lost as he was believed to be a real contender. Until he learns proper boxing offence and defence he will never be a champion, now matter how strong of an athlete he is. His bottom BJJ game also needs vast improvement. All in all Taisumov has much potential but there is much work to do to realise it."

he definitely progressed in the 2 years

Taisumov. Yeah, put him against Johnson. What the hell are we talking about?

he is fighting at 199, depending on the damage it could be possible. Hamburg is in september.

My theory is they are hesitating because of the visa problems to give him a real fight. i don t know why he had problems but bulding up a contender who can t fight in vegas is useless for the ufc
does taisumov have any convictions or anything? are they just refusing visas for people from that area of the world? jouban put on his visa application he was coming to australia with skills of 'ko'ing people, submitting people, head kicks, liver kicks, elbows' lol.

CZa8WHGW0AAdda7.jpg:large

i got a nice quote after-fight

"Mairbek Taisumov is a very tough and athletically gifted fighter, however this fight showcases what a lack of boxing skills can do. He spends too much time training muay thai and should instead focus a lot more energy into his boxing. His relatively weak boxing defence was exposed by the Brazilian fighter, he also failed to mount any significant boxing combinations and instead relied on infrequent kicks which simply didn't do enough damage to garner any respect from the opponent.

I hold a strong belief that muay thai should always be a secondary striking discipline, and boxing the first. This is because muay thai kicks and knees are too slow and should really only be thrown now and again to maximise damage and implement unpredictability. If it's the other way round any fighter with superior boxing can overwhelm the muay thai style of fighting as boxing is much QUICKER and HARDER to defend. Gustafsson vs Jones is a prime example of this, and yes I know Gustafsson still lost but that was more due to cardio than anything else.

It's a shame Taisumov lost as he was believed to be a real contender. Until he learns proper boxing offence and defence he will never be a champion, now matter how strong of an athlete he is. His bottom BJJ game also needs vast improvement. All in all Taisumov has much potential but there is much work to do to realise it."

he definitely progressed in the 2 years
Interesting, who said this?

I would like Taisumov vs Dunham, Iaquinta or Dariush. It would be fun to see him crush Felder too.

does taisumov have any convictions or anything? are they just refusing visas for people from that area of the world? jouban put on his visa application he was coming to australia with skills of 'ko'ing people, submitting people, head kicks, liver kicks, elbows' lol.

CZa8WHGW0AAdda7.jpg:large

lol
i don t know why and they never made it public.
he actually lives in vienna and speaks fluent german and i think got also an austrian pass but he is coming from chechnja the islamic part from russia. but khabib (dagestan) is not even less "fanatic" or every other muslim who travels to the usa.. i don t really know what s going on. the last time i flew from germany to miami i filled out the visa documents at the plane lol

Taisumov ( http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mairbek-Taisumov-33161 ) was supposed to fight Dariush in Boston. Unfortunately he had visa problems and was removed from the event. I think they will target him to the german fight night in Hamburg.

After knocking out 4 bums in a row they just have to give him someone ranked.

Rankings: Red is scheduled
Champion : Rafael Dos Anjos
1 Khabib Nurmagomedov
2 Eddie Alvarez
3 Tony Ferguson
4 Donald Cerrone
5 Nate Diaz
6 Edson Barboza
7 Anthony Pettis
8 Michael Johnson
9 Michael Chiesa
10 Beneil Dariush
11 Dustin Poirier
12 Al Iaquinta
13 Bobby Green
14 Rashid Magomedov
15 Evan Dunham

Khabib will obviously fight in NY. Nate Diaz will fight Conor or whoever but nobody not ranked.

So... we got Pettis, Johnson, Iaquinta, Magomedov and Dunham... Who should he fight and why?
I would hate a matchup against Magomedov. But the UFC knows how to kill one of 2 prospects..

Or should they keep him feeding bums?
Go to rankingmma.com and explore the rest of the rankings. However I vote Iaquinta but he's likely fighting Thiago Alves. So they can rebook him with Dariush if he beats Vick

Back