Ortega vs. Guida

Ortega vs. Guida

• Total voters

1stDAN

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
This weekend Brian Ortega is fighting Clay Guida. I personally think that Guida has nothing for him. My money is on Guida tapping or being tko'd inside 2 rounds.

Provided my prediction comes true, my question is:
How close to a title shot does this put Ortega?

UFC should match up the winner with Jeremy Stephens

T-City is one of the dudes I've been hyping here for the longest. He should have this in the bag.

As for a TS Idk lot of young guys at FW on the rise... Jair Rodriguez, Holloway, Oliveira, etc.

I would say maybe 3 more fights at least... The UFC is gonna groom him.

How close to a title shot? Probably nowhere near since he hasn't beat a ranked fighter and he's one dimensional as shit.

im taking guida

How close to a title shot? Probably nowhere near since he hasn't beat a ranked fighter and he's one dimensional as shit.
didnt he also get cought roiding in his debut or something?

It wont be an easy fight for Ortega

Guida is a alpha gatekeeper, a win would put Ortega on the map, nowhere near a title shot though.

It will be an easy fight for Ortega.

Last edited:

That Tavares fight was all over the place. He was game for the mixed aspect.

Guida will either go to his strategy for Gray Maynard or wind up being triangle choked. I'm leaning towards Ortgega anyway.

I got Ortega in that fight. Guida is just too sloppy. Ortega by sub round 2

I'm rooting for him to smash Guida but he's nowhere near a title shot off beating Clay at this point. A win there would get him into a fight with Bermudez, Stephens, or Oliveira.

I'd prefer Oliveira so we can see a badass Jiu Jitsu match.

He was getting his ass kicked by Brandao on the feet, he isn't top 10 material.

This fight is slipping memory. Is this the one where Brandao got cocky and stopped in the 3rd?

cant wait for this fight, think ortega will take it handily, but looking for a good challenge in guida who is a great seasoned vet to pit against this great prospect ortega.

This weekend Brian Ortega is fighting Clay Guida. I personally think that Guida has nothing for him. My money is on Guida tapping or being tko'd inside 2 rounds.

Provided my prediction comes true, my question is:
How close to a title shot does this put Ortega?

Guida has fought and beaten way better fighters than Ortega.

He just pissed hot. Frankly I think he needs a minimum of a few years with clean tests and solid performances, with consistent improvement, before we even talk about him being in the title mix.

This is a great and interesting matchup though. Not easy to put Guida in compelling fights anymore -- after so many years, we really know what we're getting from him and he's faced a who's who. This is a rare opportunity to test both guys with an interesting stylistic match.

He was getting his ass kicked by Brandao on the feet, he isn't top 10 material.
He showed a major will to win. Some great toughness and proved that he is dangerous as hell until the final bell.

Back