Think Cruz really beat Dillashaw?

Frank McEdgar

=====(SHERDOG)=====
@red
Reaction score
I sure as hell don't. I didn't see the fight live but watched the free YouTube video. Cruz did pretty good but he lost easily. The replays were all in Cruz's favor and Joe Rogan sure made it clear who he was for. This is a fight to watch with the sound off. UFC production was shameless for this fight.

lol @ "he lost easily"

It was a close fight that could have gone either way imo.

Wouldn't have been shocked if TJ narrowly pulled it out, but he certainly didn't run Dom over in any aspect.

Yeah, I've scored the fight for Dominick. But it was pretty close and this was one of the few cases in which I defended an immediate rematch.

Unlike many, though, I'm happy to see Cruz vs. Faber III and to see the final chapter of this rivalry.

I think TJ won the rounds 3,4,5. Close fight, not a robbery though

Just one thing I'm mad at though..... When a champion retains the title in a very close fight, everyone says "You gotta beat the champ to be the champ" or some BS like that. Implying you have to finish or decisively beat the champ to become the champion.

Now I don't agree with that line, but if everyone else does,then why isn't everyone mad that TJ didn't get the nod? I guess it doesn't apply when people don't want the champ to retain?

Last edited:
Cruz won 3 Rounds at least

Close one, Dom scored more tho.

Great close fight, i had Cruz 3-2. Come on, with the Rogan was favoring Dom. He was a vocal proponent of TJ and Bang after the Barao fight. I thought his criticisms of TJ were spot on. He was pretty flat footed, little movement or angles. winding up big shots. I thought for sure he'd "out-cruz" cruz, with way more power, and KO cruz. He didnt. I think if he makes the necessary adjustments, TJ could beat Cruz in a rematch.

You're blaming the UFC and the announcers for Dom getting the decision or something? It's not like the judges listen to Rogan during the fight. Very close fight but I think the right fighter won.

I scored it for Dillashaw. Cruz was fading in that final round, too.

With how close the fight was, I thought there was no way the champ was going to lose his belt... A precedent was set that night, IMO.

I can't recall another title fight that was that close, where the challenger walked away with the belt.

I thought Condit was clearly the winner of Lawler/Condit, yet he lost the decision..... Judges make no sense.

I think TJ takes a rematch, if it happens.

Last edited:
Gave Cruz at least 3 rounds. Could've been 4. It was still a really close fight.

I think Dillasnake missing 70% of his strikes might've had something to do with him losing.

scoring round by round I give it to Cruz, but Dillashaw won the last two rounds and was definitely getting the upper hand at the end of the fight.

i had dom winning the 1st 3 rounds and tj winning the last 2

Close fight by Cruz clearly took it, look closely and see that most of Tj's shots aren't landing.

I think I gave it to Cruz, but I'd need to rewatch. TJ could have won if he threw low kicks a little more in the earlier rounds instead of strictly head hunting. If they fought again, I'd pick TJ

I gave it to Dillashaw but think giving either guy 3 or 4 rounds is totally defensible. One of those close fights that actually could have gone either way.