If DC being champion could affect judges desicion this time?

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
In first fight Jones clearly won,but if in particular rounds there are any doubts - they gave it to Jones. This time DC is the champion (paper?). How judges will give it this time (who would be a priori winner?) and would it affect the result?

Jones won all the rounds where he out struck DC. The only round DC won is the one where he out struck Jon. I'd say the judges were pretty correct with the scoring of that fight.

Jones won all the rounds where he out struck DC. The only round DC won is the one where he out struck Jon. I'd say the judges were pretty correct with the scoring of that fight.
One of judges gave Jones round 2, but gave DC round 3.

Actually if you think about it, condit 1, 2, 4

Interesting point. I gave DC 2 rounds but most gave him 1 or 0. Of course, Im not drunk on JBJ's baby batter so I was able to view the fight more objectively. It will be interesting if the judges give the champion the egde/benefit of doubt in super close rounds, as 4/5th of the first fight was incredibly close and hotly contested (contrary to what they say around here).

Yes bc that last performance could have gone either way.
The only reason Johnny was awarded the win was bc he was champ. If the same thing happens expect DC to walk out with the belt.

Not even the shitty judges see DC as the legit champion

If the fight is closer than last time, it could conceivably happen. I do think it will be closer too.

Not even the shitty judges see DC as the legit champion
Agreed. Nobody is going into this fight considering DC the champ. At best, he was simply holding the belt for the champ.

I don't think the judges even follow the sport, they probably don't even know that Jones ever lost his belt to begin with

Judges got the first fight right. Let's see if they can score this one correct as well, but really I'd prefer it doesn't go to a decision and someone wins the fight decisively. Unfortunately this outcome seems unlikely as they both seem durable and neither has been finished.....

If it is a close fight it will be Cruz/Dillashaw situation and Jones will leave with the belt, since he never lost the belt

I don't think DC is gonna make it closer than last time and that was one of the easiest fights to score.

dc's gonna gas and not land anything significant.

They should afford him the Champion's Benefit of the Doubt but they probably won't.

Judges know the true champ is jones nothiing changes.

In DC-Gus fight IMO benefi tof the doubt was given to DC as a champion.

Jones is going to finish him this time , judges wont matter.

RwRRk9g.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back