An ignored reason why there needs to be a scorched earth policy regarding PEDs

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
Many fighters are FORCED to use PEDs even if they don't want to. As a result, they risk their health in a myriad of ways.

http://www.usada.org/substances/effects-of-performance-enhancing-drugs/

It's like weight cutting. Once upon a time, cutting weight was to gain an advantage over a naturally smaller opponent. Nowadays, it is to avoid a disadvantage since everybody else is cutting weight.

If a fighter knows that others in their weight class are using, said fighter will be pressured to use as well or risk getting overwhelmed by their PED enhanced opponents.

I'm not a fighter or competitor but I do exercise regularly. I can do better by using PEDs but it's not worth risking liver damage, testicle shrinkage, impotence, boob development, Bigfoot Silva disease, strokes, etc. If a non-fighter/non-competitor wants to run these risks, that's on them.

But if a fighter wants to risk these side effects, he's forcing others to do so as well. FUCK THOSE POSERS!

The minimum penalty should be three years for a first offense and a lifetime ban for the second.

ima-let-you-finish-but-this-thread-sucks-ass.jpg

Back to real life: guys are still using PEDs with those penalties. Now your poor guy doing them just to compete gets his career effectively ended instead of just being gone a year.

#CheatersAlwaysWin
#NiceGuysFinishLast

Peds are awesome

Who needs a liver

Many sherdogers are just bleed fans, they don't give a F about PED use but they care about flaming threads like these

The real reason is that if the UFC is seen to be enabling fighters to take substances in any way they can be sued to oblivion if any fighter is seriously hurt or killed by someone using peds, or even by the ped users who suffer medical side effects.

Many fighters are FORCED to use PEDs even if they don't want to. As a result, they risk their health in a myriad of ways.

http://www.usada.org/substances/effects-of-performance-enhancing-drugs/

It's like weight cutting. Once upon a time, cutting weight was to gain an advantage over a naturally smaller opponent. Nowadays, it is to avoid a disadvantage since everybody else is cutting weight.

If a fighter knows that others in their weight class are using, said fighter will be pressured to use as well or risk getting overwhelmed by their PED enhanced opponents.

I'm not a fighter or competitor but I do exercise regularly. I can do better by using PEDs but it's not worth risking liver damage, testicle shrinkage, impotence, boob development, Bigfoot Silva disease, strokes, etc. If a non-fighter/non-competitor wants to run these risks, that's on them.

But if a fighter wants to risk these side effects, he's forcing others to do so as well. FUCK THOSE POSERS!

The minimum penalty should be three years for a first offense and a lifetime ban for the second.

I agree they're "forced" but many times it is indirectly, many reasons why a fighter would rather take PED's and make himself some needed money instead of destroying himself to make money and entertain people that will never give a shit about his hard work.

The effects may vary, we don't know how much each fighter would/does take and how much effect it has on their performance and the real reasons behind their PED usage, plus we don't know how fast the PED science evolves and who's ahead of the race for the better pill. A lot of factors could decide it but we still want to generalize PED users and criticize them anyway seeing it as "cheating" fighters that are lame and can't fight clean as if the whole world of MMA is a honorable clean and respectful competition.

Weight cutting still is done to have advantages come fight day, now technology and medicine will help these guys cut weight and keep themselves in place for the fight and if their opponent didn't had the same luck, guess what happens ? MMA now happens "too much" behind the scenes, what we watch in the fight is the result of who did a better job taking/masking substances and cutting weight, the fight might be already done as soon as the bell rings.

Your argument that fighters take the risks of the usage to have better performances is what made me write this shernovel. as we know many fighters that failed tests weren't champions or dominat in their careers and a lot of them were in losing streaks/fighting with big injuries and other factors that made them lose the fight even if they were juicing to the tits. Sure, knowing your opponent is doping his ass off might make you think about "squaring" things up and make you scared he comes win much better than his true skills allow, but isn't always the case since most the se guys are on it and most of them know their opponents are on something that gives them a boost. be it TRT or anything, the hearsay happens between camps and they still want the fights against notorious "PED" users, you figure why.

And the lifetime ban you suggested, would work yes, if every fighter even fought clean with almost 0 medicinal help, like in the movies. But nothing that happens in movies happen in the real world, so is impossible. Human bodies can't fight and take no damage back, medicine is there to help us heal, why the fuck fighters wouldnt use it ? Yes it can help us perform better, but don't tell me Vitor on TRT and Anderson on his prime were fighting clean fighters only. That's a naive statement. PED's exist and MMA better find a way of dealing with it, wanna bet most people at UFC 1 were on PED's and still couldn't beat that skinny Royce Gracie ? it doesn't give you super powers. Skill will always count at the end of the day.

TL;DR - I agree in parts, fighters will feel pressure and will use PED's at some point. IT doesn't work like we think we does and speculating on it without knowing what really happens is bs. Baning fighters for it would be naive since most likely everyone is on some medicine. MMA has to learn how to control the usage or really go unfairly strict on it and have only natural specimens fighting with careers lasting 5 fights.

Many fighters are FORCED to use PEDs even if they don't want to...

And here is why your post fails...because you unnecessarily exaggerate the situation by choosing those words.

There is a BIG difference between "FORCED to use PEDs even if they don't want to" and "will be pressured to use as well..."

If you want to argue that competitors are pressured to use, in order to keep up with the others who are using, that is fine. That is NOT the same as saying fighters are "forced" to do anything against their wishes.

There is no need to exaggerate during a debate...all that does is suggest you have a weaker position that needs fluffing up. This debate stands on its own merits...fighters are seeking a level playing field. No one is "forced" to do anything.

All the major sports essentially turn a blind eye to PED use, either get used to it or get out, that's how it is.

PEDs are used in sports. That's shocking news OP...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's kind of a scare tactic. Those problems are always avoidable or reversible and almost never chronic

Sherdoggers are mostly Just Bleed fans and as such support PED usage. As long as it makes for a more brutal, bloodier fight.

I want to watch the best athletes I can. If they can have robotic implants or some shit, whatever.
WHAT!

Back