UFC Hamburg: Scott Askham vs. Jack Hermansson

I'm gonna out myself right here: Never heard of them.

They should get Emil whatshisname that just beat Paul Harris.

Hermansson's fight in Cage Warriors 75 is available on Fight Pass, if you have it. I was pretty excited to see how his progression was from his Bellator days, and came away profoundly disappointed. He's still got a lot of holes in his game. Would be surprised if he beats Askham.

Hermansson's good and Askham is beatable BUT Scott is a lot better than anyone Jack has fought so far/recently.

Askham, UD.

I see Askham as a guy who has a huge upside going forward. I see Hermansson as being Norwegian and having been tapped by Jason Butchers a couple years ago in Bellator. Butchers does have a pretty good sub game, though and I'm sure Jack has come a long way since then.

Hermansson is Swedish. He used to (maybe still does?) train in Norway, but he's Swedish.

He had a lot of hype coming into Bellator. Didn't live up to it. Had a lot of hype for his Cage Warriors fight. Looked sloppy as hell and got hit a lot, but still won. I just don't think he's that good, really.

Askham has has trouble with wrestlers in the past, like Jokto or Cederblad. Jack has been focusing a lot on his striking though, and his defense is still shabby, so Askham can certainly win the fight there

Hermansson is Swedish. He used to (maybe still does?) train in Norway, but he's Swedish.

He had a lot of hype coming into Bellator. Didn't live up to it. Had a lot of hype for his Cage Warriors fight. Looked sloppy as hell and got hit a lot, but still won. I just don't think he's that good, really.
I think he trains with Emil Meek in Norway, but he is swedish, definitly swedish. does these other cats even scandinavia, bro?

Back