Miocic would win a k-1 WGP if he was to participate

andrei.42

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If reem could do that, than I don't see why stipe wouldn't. The guy is much faster than reem with better boxing and a much better chin. Stipe boxing would be too fluid for someone like Badr Hari and he will be too big for someone like spong and saki. Semmy Schilt is the only one who would be a favourite over stipe.

of course he would, he's the baddest man on the planet!!!

Kickboxing and MMA are different games. Stipe might fare well, bu not without extensive kickboxing training. Small gloves just fight differently. I train with a pro kickboxer from time to time. Big gloves he kicks my ass, hard. Small gloves, different story as the classic guard doesn't do the trick for him.

TS does have a point. Rampage, Mousasi and Overeem had success. If Stipe trained for it it's quite possible.

K-1 level posting right here!

it's not impossible that he'd have some succes but winning a K-1 tournament isn't a joke.
Overeem won because things went his way, it was lucky to some extent, but in kickboxing he's historically no way near the level of people that he even beated at some point (Aerts, Hoost, Badr Hari himself, Saki).

I remember a german fighter, Arrab, that switched from boxing to kb and had some success (i checked his wiki page, i didn't remember he won k-1 USA) basically using only his hands (at least at his beginning, when i watched him).
He was a favorite of mine and my father because he was a boxer in a kickboxing tournament.

If reem could do that, than I don't see why stipe wouldn't. The guy is much faster than reem with better boxing and a much better chin. Stipe boxing would be too fluid for someone like Badr Hari and he will be too big for someone like spong and saki. Semmy Schilt is the only one who would be a favourite over stipe.
Uber-Reem did it.

Uber-Reem was a f*cking freak tbh...

Both Overeem and Mousasi had significant kickboxing specific training going back to the early stages of their career.

1: Cro Cop recently won a K1 GP. K1 isn't the cream of the crop any more.

2: Overeem won because circumstances played to his advantage. He wasn't the best when he won. He had luck on his side.

3: Stipe only has hands. He isnt as versatile as Overeem. He would get destroyed by the top kickboxers

Another one who doesn't understand that MMA striking and kickboxing are completely different. Even if Miocic was a good amateur boxeur, he would've been destroyed in K1.

I can see him beating an old Peter Aerts but that's it.

Stipe fan here...not saying its impossible for him with some serious training...but i dont think so..Stipe doesnt have a complete standup for high level kickboxing. His kicks and knees are nonexistent and i dont see him being capable of improving them much.

pssshhh just because Reem did it,doesnt mean any mma guy could. Reem had a great combination of size,power and importantly,the age and wear and tear of his opposition. Stipe going into Glory would probably get torn up by the young guys there now.

Lol Sipe would get Murdered by either of those guys...boxing isn't K1

Just stop. Stipe is good but all he has is boxing. That isnt enough for kickboxing. His kicks and knees are nonexistent. And hes nowhere near the animal Ubereem was.

tumblr_lx9on7NYTu1qfn24uo1_400.gif

Back