Dominick Cruz showing his footwork v2 - vid

Does Cruz have the best footwork in MMA?

• Total voters

Chules

@UVEE's BESTIE 😺
@plutonium
Reaction score
Saw this in the embedded show and it reminded me of this

v1 3 years ago - http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/dominick-cruz-showing-his-footwork.2629587/

PrxiLfw.gif

Dojo bless

His footwork is great in these clips, but what about his hands? If he is constantly practising drills like this with his hands held so low, why wouldn't he do this during a fight?

Faber clobbered him a few times in the second fight and has lots of time to work out ways in which to catch Cruz again.

I expect a closer fight than many are predicting.

Last edited:
Sounds like The Firm in the background, specifically AZ.

He leaves plenty of openings to get KTFO'ed. Someone with great kicks absolutely could remove Cruz's head from his shoulders.

I still think he lost to Dillashaw and hopefully the rematch happens sooner than later.

His footwork is great in these clips, but what about his hands? If he is constantly practising drills like this with his hands held so low, why wouldn't he do this during a fight?

Faber clobbered him a few times in the second fight and has lots of time to work out ways in which to catch Cruz again.

bum trainers

Faber caught him twice if i remember correctly and was only touching cruz in scramble situations.Something he didnt have a problem with against tj as he was getting the better of the scrambles there and catching tj as he exited.Honestly i feel like faber has declined and it would probably be a 50-45 decision

He leaves plenty of openings to get KTFO'ed. Someone with great kicks absolutely could remove Cruz's head from his shoulders.

I still think he lost to Dillashaw and hopefully the rematch happens sooner than later.

Dillershaw threw like 13 head kicks in the first 3 rounds at Cruz, i think one came close to landing maybe.

There is no blueprint to beating Cruz, nobody has realistically come close. If he left so many openings, at some point of his career, fighting at a high level, someone would have found ONE of them. It's appearences yo, he leaves his hands down so you throw at his head, and he avoids the shots and counters, that is as old as boxing itself.

He always fights with his hands low thats kinda his style

Dillershaw threw like 13 head kicks in the first 3 rounds at Cruz, i think one came close to landing maybe.

There is no blueprint to beating Cruz, nobody has realistically come close. If he left so many openings, at some point of his career, fighting at a high level, someone would have found ONE of them. It's appearences yo, he leaves his hands down so you throw at his head, and he avoids the shots and counters, that is as old as boxing itself.

Nobody has realistically come close, yet he just won a controversial split decision. He arguably lost his last fight.

He leaves openings and people have made him pay numerous times. Hell, past prime Faber dropped him because of the holes he leaves open.

He does fight with the hands down so i guess at this point it doesnt matter to him... I mean, why block if aint touched :p

Cruz reminds me of Prime Anderson Silva...

He rely's too much on his movement and speed... When he gets older, he needs to retire before getting KO'ed a lot...

Nobody has realistically come close, yet he just won a controversial split decision. He arguably lost his last fight.

He leaves openings and people have made him pay numerous times. Hell, past prime Faber dropped him because of the holes he leaves open.
Lol par prime Faber just cause he lost to Cruz,now he is past prime,because Cruz was in his prime in 2007 :D,and TJ lost to Cruz too,3-2.

Looks ready to decision someone with his footwork and pillow hands. Really hope TJ gets the belt back, a far more exciting fighter to watch.

His footwork is great for sure, one of the best in the game.

past prime is open for discussion, considering he looked great at BW before and after that fight. What did Dillashaw do that could be considered a blueprint for other people to follow? Cruz, by nature, has close fights, that's the way he fights, Dillershaw didn't do much that other people haven't, he threw, he missed, he landed a few, Cruz landed more and won the decision. Such is a dominick cruz fight.

Faber won one round of the rematch, so a lot of good dropping Cruz did for him. He landed like 4 punches in the fight, all of them well timed admittedly, but you're acting like Cruz is an open book when that misrepresents the nature of things

He is practicing tap dancing, that is not fighting. That is hobby in spare time.

Back