Should we, as sherdoggers, stop clamoring for...

dickcheney

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
weight jumping super fights?

it seems like we (really you nerds) spend so much time wanting jon jones to go to HW, Mighty to go to bantamweight, gsp to go to MW, and so on

but history has shown that weight classes are not easily hopped. we just saw the third best BW in the world get beat by jeremy Stevie. FW king got wrecked by diaz, diaz gets wrecked by true WWs, and GSP would have been wrecked by anderson. its just a waste of my time, your time, and the divisions time that gets put on hold.

ps please dont even bother bringing up AJ who is an anomaly

I say clamor. If we don't have clamoring what do we have?

tumblr_ntcdzi0GKt1qdjbb7o1_500.png
tumblr_nn1g0870qp1snrx31o1_1429420616_cover.jpg

i just want everyone to only politely talk about fights that are sanctioned by the ufc.com rankings and color within the lines

Nah fuck that

How dare you take my hopes and dreams of tiny people fighting much bigger people.

MERICA

it seems like we (really you nerds) spend so much time wanting jon jones to go to HW, Mighty to go to bantamweight, gsp to go to MW, and so on

but history has shown that weight classes are not easily hopped. we just saw the third best BW in the world get beat by jeremy Stevie. FW king got wrecked by diaz, diaz gets wrecked by true WWs, and GSP would have been wrecked by anderson. its just a waste of my time, your time, and the divisions time that gets put on hold.

cool concept

I prefer fighters to just stay in their weight class, even better, fight at their natural weights

I say Randy Couture and BJ Penn to you, sirrah.

I want the best to fight the best.
I'd agree with this

We all know that the heavier fighter would most likely win, but there's always a chance of the smaller fighter pulling off something great. Nothing wrong with wanting to witness greatness.

Stevens is a tougher test than anyone Barao has ever faced, minus TJ (and you know the story there).

Conor and Diaz are virtually the same size, this is the dumbest excuse in the book. And Conor lost via styles make fights. The Diaz bros have some of the toughest chins in the game, endless gas tanks year 'round, top notch standup and some of the best BJJ in the game. Conor wins by koing people early, or forcing them to gas or adrenaline dump, which wasn't gona happen with Diaz.

Nate Diaz loses to WW wrestlers because yes, they are stronger, and his wrestling just straight blows.

GSP 50/45 over AS

When you say weight classes are not easily hopped. I think beating the champ in the higher weight class is the hard part.

I'm sure GSP in his prime could have beat most MWs during that period. Anderson Silva also had some success in a higher weight class. Beating the champ in the higher weight class is the true difficult task which I guess is your point.

Stevens is a tougher test than anyone Barao has ever faced, minus TJ (and you know the story there).

Conor and Diaz are virtually the same size, this is the dumbest excuse in the book. And Conor lost via styles make fights. The Diaz bros have some of the toughest chins in the game, endless gas tanks year 'round, top notch standup and some of the best BJJ in the game. Conor wins by koing people early, or forcing them to gas or adrenaline dump, which wasn't gona happen with Diaz.

Nate Diaz loses to WW wrestlers because yes, they are stronger, and his wrestling just straight blows.

GSP 50/45 over AS
Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

Booyah!

No, fuck that. Fuck you, and fuck this thread.

I'm tired of you play-it-safe fans supporting your play-it-safe fighters.

That is all.

Last edited:
Back