Why is, a draw so taboo?!?!

?!#@$%

• Total voters

LiLoMMA

Lindsay Lohan's party belt
@Black
Reaction score
This is just for the serious MMA fans. Why do close fights that are 50/50% need a winner?!
If a mod adds a poll thank you

People want closure so they can talk crap about the loser.

Cause it would expose the faults in the current judging criteria and because we allready have enough taboo rematches ...

Theres definitely been fights were draws would have been warranted

Fights have an odd number of rounds, and judges will very rarely score a round something other than 10-9. A lot of stars have to align for a fight to be scored a draw

I think draws should be more widely used, especially in shit-fest fights, where neither guy is really trying to go for broke.

I think draws should be more widely used, especially in shit-fest fights, where neither guy is really trying to go for broke.

Idea win.

If both just coast and throw hands up like they did something, they shouldn't be rewarded with going up in rank.

If a fight goes the distance, they should just go ahead and give both fighters an L.

Let's see how quickly fighters suddenly start looking for finishes.

I'm not being serious.

"A tie is like kissing your sister."

quote-they-say-a-tie-is-like-kissing-your-sister-i-guess-that-is-better-than-kissing-your-lou-holtz-69-60-70.jpg

People want closure so they can talk crap about the loser.
yea pretty much - lots of fights are so close that really narrow subjective stuff decides the outcome - lots of fights that are really close should just be draws instead of a slight win for one fighter, in my opinion - i think its crazy that cormier / gus was so close, yet one person is kind of in the back of the line and the other is champ - that is crazy to me given how close the fight was - but people need to move forward, the winner needs to get a bigger fight etc. the loser needs to cut to a lower class or retire or whatever - draws just wouldnt sit well w the public, closure is needed

In the current judging criteria, they can at least give draw rounds with the same conviction they give 10-9s. I feel like a lot of times, whether the fighters don't do jack shit or it's too competitive, a draw would be really appropriate. But no, the judges always have to give the edge to someone, even If he barely did something.

Honestly, I like having a winner and loser. Too many draws would just stall the divisions up.

Ties suck. I'm still reeling over the spelling bee on ESPN. I lost a ton of $ on that...never bet on the White kids.

You want more draws and i want a fight to unconsciousness.

If its decided a draw there should be a sudden death round. No time limit and must be a finish. Even if its a dada fall down il take it over a fucking draw.

Back