Freddie Roach says Conor McGregor has not done well in training against professional boxers, would

Retry

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/3...oach-says-conor-mcgregor-has-not-done-well-in

"There are a lot of rumors out there that I'm getting calls from Conor, asking me to train him; they're not true. He has not called me yet but Mayweather did come by my gym last week and he asked me to take that job if it's offered to me. He told me the fight is gonna happen and we're gonna make a lot of money."

"As I told Mayweather, I said, ‘it would take me three years at least to get him ready to fight you.' I don't really think it's possible for an MMA fighter to fight a boxer and I don't even really think it's fair. Depends on what rules you fight under, one person has too big of an advantage. Mayweather would outbox him all day long. Conor McGregor seems like a tough guy and all that but being a tough guy doesn't really help you in boxing...

But I do know that he's trained at Wild Card West which is one of my gyms on the west side and he's sparring with a couple of my professional fighters over there and I hear he's not doing that well with my professionals.

Mayweather is the best boxer in the world and I think he would absolutely not even lose a round against a guy with Conor's experience. I mean, he looks like an okay boxer, he's a very good MMA fighter but the thing is this is boxing and he's kind of a beginner at boxing. It probably would take me almost three years to get him ready for a fight against a guy like Mayweather."

"If I can help him I would definitely do that. I work twelve hours a day in the gym, I like to stay busy in the gym. I think we could help him and if he did come and ask I would love to help him."

Lol, he says it's just a rumor, then says he's been training at Wild Card West -- Roach's "other" gym. Dare I say that's the source of the rumor? Please, someone validate my investigative prowess!

Damn and here I was thinking Conor would flatline Floyd in round 1

Freddie, WHY the fuck are you talking about your client in public - McGregor trains at your gym and you shit on him?

Damn unprofessional.

I agree with the rest and definitely know Freddie knows his shit.

3 years must be a joke.

At least Freddie is honest. That fight is stupid. It should be kickboxing, but fix my fights Floyd won't take a chance at anything but boxing.

He couldn't beat any top 50 pro boxer in his weight division, let alone Mayweather.

Lol, he says it's just a rumor, then says he's been training at Wild Card West -- Roach's "other" gym. Dare I say that's the source of the rumor? Please, someone validate my investigative prowess!

It's a rumor that he's been getting calls from Conor. He says he knows that he's trained at WCW. I don't understand the inconsistency.

Only 3 years? Thats almost half the time it would take teddy atlas to train conor!

Even 3 years is being very kind to Conor. to be an elite boxer you really have to start at a young age and its a life time of dedication. he would do ok with 3 years of boxing training against a journeyman, but against a elite boxer of this generation he would get absolutely starched.

It is highly unlikely this will happen, but if it does, of course it will be a ridiculous excuse for Conor to retire with a lot of money early. He'll make at least 20 mil on this, and he will vanish into the sunset a rich and young man.

It's a rumor that he's been getting calls from Conor. He says he knows that he's trained at WCW. I don't understand the inconsistency.

I suppose. Still, I assume Conor training at his gym is where the confusion comes from that Conor is seeking to be trained by him. Conor might have went there thinking Roach would be there, even. I figure Conor is looking to be trained by him regardless of whether Roach personally received a call or not.

We all know that IF this fight got made its only based on revenue. I hate the narrative of "How conor could make it competitive" being talked up by people like Atlas and Roach when they're way too smart to really believe that this would have any chance of being anything other than practically a fixed fight.

Now that we are on the subject, how is Floyd doing at Tristar and how long will it take him to compete in an MMA bout? The bottom line is this, if Conor and Floyd ever fought in an actual fight fight not this tap tap run away shit, Conor would be locked up for murder and that is an inequivocabile fact.

Back