Erik Koch vs. Mairbek Taisumov.... Yay or Nay?

SirKratos

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Koch_crop_exact.jpg

UFC_JH_2015-06-20_3505.JPG

explosion-gif-11.gif

Nice matchup though Taisumov probably deserves a Top 15 guy next. He has been fighting and finishing some fairly low level guys.

His loss to Prazeres still has may a little gunshy in proclaiming him a contender.

Good stylistic matchup but I agree Thai Sumo deserves a ranked opponent next. Koch vs Felder sounds just fine.

Maybe in the future, give Koch another guy to shake off his ring rust. Also, Taisumov deserves a top guy.

Nope. Koch hasn't fought in 2yrs until this weekend and before his layoff, looked bad.

Taisumov has been smashing some real bottom-tier dudes but his streak is still putting him in line for a better opponent than Koch

Koch can fight someone like Reza Madadi.

Taisumov deserves a higher ranked opponent. He was supposed to fight Dariush.

Good stylistic matchup but I agree Thai Sumo deserves a ranked opponent next. Koch vs Felder sounds just fine.
I bet Felder would fight timidly against Koch. I don't know what that fight with Barboza did to him, but it seems like ever since he's been a tad gunshy.

I bet Felder would fight timidly against Koch. I don't know what that fight with Barboza did to him, but it seems like ever since he's been a tad gunshy.
Probably because he took a beating lol. Dude is tough as nails though. I don't think that he would but you could be right. Koch looked pretty sharp off such a long layoff. I give Felder the edge on the feet, Koch the edge on the ground. Felder has much better counter wrestling/TDD than Campbell does. Would be interesting.

Probably because he took a beating lol. Dude is tough as nails though. I don't think that he would but you could be right. Koch looked pretty sharp off such a long layoff. I give Felder the edge on the feet, Koch the edge on the ground. Felder has much better counter wrestling/TDD than Campbell does. Would be interesting.
It's one of those things where the matchmakers pushed him faster than he needed to. Felder has dynamic striking, oh so lets match him up against one of the best strikers at 155. Since then, he doesn't open up enough. I think Koch could easily outstrike him, honestly. Though if Felder landed big on him, he could potentially finish him. Koch's chin hasn't held up too well recently.

It's one of those things where the matchmakers pushed him faster than he needed to. Felder has dynamic striking, oh so lets match him up against one of the best strikers at 155. Since then, he doesn't open up enough. I think Koch could easily outstrike him, honestly. Though if Felder landed big on him, he could potentially finish him. Koch's chin hasn't held up too well recently.
Yeah I'm with you there. That's why I like the fight to be honest. Timing works obviously and would be good to see where they stand.

I think Taisumov deserves a ranked opponent at this point. Koch vs. Trujillo would be cool?

I don't think Koch would have anything for him, plus Taisumov deserves better.

taisumov deserved some1 ranked. i think they will put him in the german hamburg card against a solid lw

Koch was great in WEC. He's still fun to watch.

Back