Anyone know what's up with Charles "Do Bronx" Oliveira?

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
He's 6-1 since 2014 with his only loss being the weird injury in the Max Holloway fight.

He's coming off of a 1st round sub of Myles Jury Dec / 19 / 2015.

It's been about half a year. Haven't heard anything. Google isn't helping me any.

I love watching him fight.

Who would you like to see him fight? Anyone have any news?

edit. He's also 1 sub away from becoming the number 2 alltime UFC sub leader behind Royce Gracie.

I imagine he has had some injury to be out that long.

He has been really active in recent years though.. Maybe he just needed a break

I haven't heard anything about him for a while. I would like to see him rematch Holloway, that was not a fight. the rematch deserves to happen.

If I remember correctly wasn't he very over weight for his last fight against Myles? I seem to remember him not making weight and it wasn't close.

Probably trying to figure out whether or not he's gonna stay at 145 or move back up to 155.

Another fighter who I'd wish would stay more active, because he's one of the most entertaining to watch. That usually seems to be the case though.

What about Charles Oliveira vs Chad Mendes ?

Seems to be the probable fight. Could explain the wait too. They could be waiting for Chad to be completely cleared up in his head. I really like both guys. Do Bronx is slippery but i'd imagine Chad hurts him with a power shot.

Big fan of Aloe Vera. Just wish he could get his weight in check. The UFC got a nutritionist for fat boy Gastelum, why can't they do the same for Chuckles?

I haven't heard anything about him for a while. I would like to see him rematch Holloway, that was not a fight. the rematch deserves to happen.

If I remember correctly wasn't he very over weight for his last fight against Myles? I seem to remember him not making weight and it wasn't close.
Yeah that fight was fluky but since they already booked Max I don't want to see Aloe Vera wait on a rematch. I think Lamas will defeat Holloway to be honest. Ricardo one of the most criminally under rated guys in the entire UFC. He's so much better of a fighter than the guys Max has beaten during his current streak.

Yeah that fight was fluky but since they already booked Max I don't want to see Aloe Vera wait on a rematch. I think Lamas will defeat Holloway to be honest. Ricardo one of the most criminally under rated guys in the entire UFC. He's so much better of a fighter than the guys Max has beaten during his current streak.
That Holloway vs Lamas fight is such a great match-up.. I love it, agreed Lamas is underrated, he is very well rounded for sure. I like both guys a lot. How do you see it finishing?.. I personally think if either guy wins it will be a decision, they are both really hard to finish

Aloe Vera and Chuckles, lol. I'm dying here! Fun fighter and I hope he returns soon.

A recent pic of Aloe Vera surfacing in public recently, just found on Google!

canstock0575223.jpg

Holloway/Lamas loser, Mendes or Bermudez are fights for him

That Holloway vs Lamas fight is such a great match-up.. I love it, agreed Lamas is underrated, he is very well rounded for sure. I like both guys a lot. How do you see it finishing?.. I personally think if either guy wins it will be a decision, they are both really hard to finish
Yeah I agree with that, more than likely a decision with it being 3 rounds. Would not be stunned to see Lamas get the sub, or if he gets mount or something look out for his ridiculous ground and pound. He damn near killed Eric Koch.

Back