Biggest Upset at UFC Fight Night 88: Almeida vs. Garbrandt

What was the biggest upset last night?

• Jake Collier (KO Alberto Emiliano Pereira)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Erik Koch (Sub Shane Campbell)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

AronaBeatsJones

garbrandt.png

I thought Sterling and Barao would dominate. Also predicted Cody would plow through Almeida.

Caraway. He was the biggest underdog of the night too.

Cody.

Was waiting on Almedia to do something, anything. He looked frozen and defensive. Taking nothing from Cody's hand speed and timing. He wanted it more.

Caraway by far, add to it after the first round went the way most figured with Sterling dominating I did not see it coming at all.

Almeida always got hit in his fights and Cody packs some power, that outcome was somewhat predictable to some.

Cody.

Was waiting on Almedia to do something, anything. He looked frozen and defensive. Taking nothing from Cody's hand speed and timing. He wanted it more.

Are you serious? Have you ever seen Garbrandt before? I expected him to knock Almeida's block off, and then... he did. What a shock.

Cody win wasnt even a upset, Almeida is known for getting tagged a lot in every fight, which is what made a power puncher like Cody a bad matchup for him. Cant stand the guy but made some money betting on him :D

Literally none of those were upsets, but ok.

Caraway was an underdog regardless how u felt about it. Jeremy too but not as big.

Koch was too considering his layoff and fighting style and that Campbell is a better striker. He never put his game together like he did last night.

Last edited:
I don't think you know what an upset is...

Going to go with the shocker: Camozzi.

Miranda has looked like a god damn killer, and as much as I like Chris..I thought Miranda was going to use him for target practice.

I was really surprised.

2nd: Caraway. Called that one.

3rd: Cody. He finally had that breakthrough win. Good for him. Though I may not care for him or his fights most of the time, It's great he got that defining win.

Cody was an underdog regardless how u felt about it. Jeremy too but not as big.

Koch was too considering his layoff and fighting style and that Campbell is a better striker. He never put his game together like he did last night.

Barao is done. He has looked sluggish since the beating TJ first laid on him . Koch was fighting a guy I've never even heard of, and while that's certainly on me, that's how I viewed the matchup.

Almeida is a precise and dangerous striker, but Garbrandt is far more explosive. I didn't expect this to end that quickly, but nothing surprising there.

I thought Sterling and Barao would dominate. Also predicted Cody would plow through Almeida.

Sterling is probably the more proficient wrestler, but Mr Tate is much more well rounded. Like all of these other fights, hardly an upset.

Barao is done. He has looked sluggish since the beating TJ first laid on him . Koch was fighting a guy I've never even heard of, and while that's certainly on me, that's how I viewed the matchup.

Almeida is a precise and dangerous striker, but Garbrandt is far more explosive. I didn't expect this to end that quickly, but nothing surprising there.

I mean Caraway not Cody, i edited that.

Barao was still a former champ not killing himself with weight cuts. I dont think hes done either, Jeremy is a tough matchup.

And yes the Campbell thing is on u. He is a beast with the striking.

Literally none of them were upsets, but your cursing really hammers home your stupid point of view, moron.

An upset = an underdog in the betting odds win. Those where all underdogs. Literally what are you even trying to argue here? You're just straight up wrong.

Back