Ppl are sleeping on Jimmie Rivera,he will be the Frankie Edgar of 135 w/ the growing striking talent

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
Back in the day when Frankie was being slept on when guys like Tyson Griffin and Sean Sherk were what all the fans were talking about he went out there and beat them. Jimmie is well received but not being put on the same level as guys like Cody/Almeida/Lineker/Dodson/Mayday. This growing BW division is exciting and similar in some ways to the LW division Frankie was growing up in but Jimmie will be this division's Frankie. He will exceed expectations time and time again and beat more hyped guys and eventually will IMO become the champion with his technique, grit, hard work

Jersey bois, Mark Henry bois.

AcrobaticAgonizingBarebirdbat.gif

What the hell are you on about? Put the beer in the fridge for the morning and go to bed.

Match him up with Almeida and little Jimmie probably still gets #SLEPT lol.

He is towards the top of the list of prospects I am following closely. I expect big things.

Jimmie Rivera won me over with his fight with Pedro Munhoz, another future contender. He's a tough durable guy with all around skills, he should be given a top 5 fight next.

Jimmie by KO

Almeida was having trouble with Tim Gorman who fucked his eye up and all he had was a jab lol.

And little Jimmie had trouble with Alcantara and had to go to a boring decision.

All I'm saying is that T-Rex reach could get him marked lol.

Jimmie Rivera won me over with his fight with Pedro Munhoz, another future contender. He's a tough durable guy with all around skills, he should be given a top 5 fight next.
Pedro is another one to keep an eye on for sure

And little Jimmie had trouble with Alcantara and had to go to a boring decision.

Alcantara is a good fighter with solid wins. He gave prime Faber some trouble too. In fact post-Aldo and pre-Barao 2, Iuri gave Faber more problems than anyone not named Renan or Dominick, 2 of the top 5 BW GOATs. And Urijah hasnt been the same since the 2nd Barao loss.

Meanwhile who the fuck is Tim Gorman? Id like to think im a hardcore MMA fan but i dont remember seeing him fight since the Almeida one

thomas-almeida-post-ufc-fight-night-56.jpg

Alcantara is way better than gorman.. And probably beats almeida also along with any other brazilian bw other than assuncau.. That t-rex is the top prospect. He will be a contender very soon.

Jimmie/Faber was a complete schooling...........................Jimmies Frankie/Sherk moment

he is BIG TIME

Dudes definetly got some fire in his hands, he had Faber second guessing himself all night. Definitely not someone you want to be exchanging with in the pocket

I doubt it for one big reason: Faber won the foot position battle against him for the first part of that fight. He had his foot in between Jimmie's legs and had him off balance on the back foot. Faber's problem was his inability to pick Rivera apart when leading, while TJ & Cruz can do this and have more speed to avoid those counters (though TJ has shown lack of defense when leading). A flatfooted power striker can't be stationary for long periods against footwork-based fighters.

Rivera can still improve and has a very strong core, is explosive and can maintain focus throughout the fight, so he will be good for a long time.

I dont want to sound like a douche but ive been watching him since 2011 and picked him vs Faber.

Wasnt 100% confident in my pick but was pretty sure.

Glad to see Rivera getting hella respect.

Has there been an update on his vision?

Last I read the guy was still unable to see out of his damaged eye and its possible he never gets back to full vision.

Has there been an update on his vision?

Last I read the guy was still unable to see out of his damaged eye and its possible he never gets back to full vision.
looks like it's better than he initially expected

Back