Garbrandt size, power, hand speed for the division is undeniable.

Zeppeling

ritehand
Banned
Reaction score
I rooted for Almeida to win, knowing there was a fat chance that Almeida could be knocked out considering his quenstionable chin in his ufc fights. Garbrandt seemingly dwarfed Almeida in physique and clearly in power. He definitely had a speed advantage as well. I see quicker, counter punch-type fighters giving him fights, however. Guys like Dillashaw, Dodson, and even Cruz I think all match up to Garbrandt really well.

Cruz would work him with no problem.

TJ is too well rounded for him right now.

I do think he beats Dodson though.

I wasn't expecting a first round blow out like that, as the fight was starting I was thinking " alright pitter patter lets get at er"

Hes physically one of the most talented guys in the division. Im much more impressed with his athleticism, power and speed than his technique right now

I wasn't expecting a first round blow out like that, as the fight was starting I was thinking " alright pitter patter lets get at er"

Same here. I wasn't expecting for Cody to have the foot speed advantage as well. He really had Almeida's number. But it's a shame that every time a prospect loses they get called exposed.

Hes physically one of the most talented guys in the division. Im much more impressed with his athleticism, power and speed than his technique right now
That's what I see when I watch him. Decent technique but more athletic prowess.

That hand speed and fluidity of his combos is damn cool to watch.

Garbrandt may have been bigger, but I don't know if he actually hits harder. Almeida has gotten the way crazier KOs. He fucking killed Anthony Birchak, whereas Cody generally gets TKOs.

Still, Cody hits like a truck, and I was rooting for him.

athletic. almeida was a long shot.

He's on the right path as long as they don't rush him. Its time for a legit top-10 vet now.

As good as he might be, I just can't get behind the guy.

2hyhqud.jpg

This is the 2nd man he's faced with a wiki page and it was literally the perfect style match for him. Let's calm down here.

But yea hes looking good, but let's see how he deals with a legit top 10 guy.

never really followed either. Figured Thomas "little Rory" Almaida would win via better technical skills and an overagressive garbrandt. Was really impressed with Codys athleticism and constant forward pressure (which I thought would cause his downfall) but Mini Rory couldnt cope with it and wilted.

Definitely keeping an eye on both guys from now on.

Cody looked shit hot tonight. In that form he would have given everyone in the top 10 a rough night

Cruz would work him with no problem.

TJ is too well rounded for him right now.

I do think he beats Dodson though.

Dodson vs Garbrandt would be amazihng theyre basically mirror images of eachother. Wild super athletic sluggers... FOTN for sure lol someones going to bed

He looked great for sure, but he hasn't earned a top 5 fight. Give him someone 6-10, for at least a fight or 2, no need to rush.

Back