What the hell was Almeida thinking?

explodingbunny

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No head movement
No footwork
Stand in the pocket right in front of Cody and be a punching bag.

Is that how he always fights?

I thought his offense could make up for his lacking defense, but apparently it's not good enough for top flight competition.

Definitely underwhelmed, but seeing Cody exploit that defense was impressive

I think the gameplan was to push cody into the later rounds and finish him, Almeida didnt have the defense or speed to hold that up though

everybody has a gameplan until they get hit in the face

Had to bad of a time, i wait til next fight :) Waaar Almeida

He got finished so quick he didn't have time to think

He couldn't handle an American pouring on the pressure

Can't really blame him tbh

He gets hit every fight. But this time by a better striker. I guess I was the only one who didn't thought too much of him.

For some reason this place need to say every great thing they can when some Russian or someone from other places does good.

No head movement
No footwork

Pretty much, yes. He was losing to both Birchak and Pickett before the highlight reel KO's.

I'm sorry, but isn't this how he fights every time? I didn't see any difference at all, Cody's pressure was just too much for him.

P.s. not actually sorry

Not sure he had a chance to set and think at all... Cody kept great pressure on him.

No head movement
No footwork

Kinda annoyed he took this fight so lghtly. i was hoping for a two to three round war.

He always fought like that. Pickett was busting him up. He was up against a good fast boxer and got exposed.

I said before the fight cody was going to box his ass up.

I said before the fight that Almeida is a monster offensively but has serious holes in his defense which is why a called him still a prospect instead of a contender.

Of course, great job done by Garbrandt ad well. Like to see him against either Caraway or Dodson next.

No head movement
No footwork

That is how he always fights. He had no business trying to box with Cody. But Cody is a night mare matchup for Almeida's style.

Am I the only one that watched the Pickett fight? Dude was getting fucking worked before the flying knee. Cody is even faster and more technical than Pickett.

Needs to get going a little earlier than he usually does.

My heart was with Cody but my brain was with Almeida...but he was straddling that center line harder than a Vegas hooker...and that was his doom. I hope Almeida re-evaluates himself and comes back better.

Back