Brazilians lacking technique and sharpness

Themonsoon

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The two recent examples tonight Barao and Almeida slow, wide sloppy punches.

Seems like the last few yrs only Aldo has possessed that sharp technique(mcgregor loss aside)

Aldo's boxing is a joke, too. In fact, if you're anything short of the best boxer in your division in MMA, your boxing probably blows.

flat footed muay thai died years ago when will they learn

I think a lot of brazilians actually lack confidence. They go in there to apprehensive while americans have that "I got this" attitude. I think that makes a huge difference.

They both looked like fish out of water

I think some Brazillians tend to focus on their skills, and don't mix it up as much depending on their opponents, while Americans seem to Taylor their training to their coming opponents.

In other words, some Braziians keep fighting the same way, get comfortable.. Then get caught and don't adjust as well.

While it is a ridiculous generalization, a lot Brazilians and Russians do , in general, throw a wider looping punch this is more open to a counter punch.

The two recent examples tonight Barao and Almeida slow, wide sloppy punches.

Seems like the last few yrs only Aldo has possessed that sharp technique(mcgregor loss aside)

I was thinking the same thing after tonight. All of the Brazilians looked comparatively sloppy. These guys need to step their hands up.

Im not sure im ready to call it a trend. But i think MMA standards for boxing is increasing, and BJJ is becoming table stakes. Aside, from Silva and Machida i wouldnt classify any others as being great with the hands.

Well pretty much Aldo rda, and jds are the two sharp strikers left from Brazil.

Obviously Anderson, machida and those guys are all pretty much done

You guys start this silliness after every event.

I've been watching casual fans discuss the trends of MMA from the beginning, and it's always the same script years later.

Blind Nationalism is so last century, and it's the domain of losers. You don't look any better by having your countrymen win. It's meaningless. Go get a hobby. Meet girls. Spend time with your families.

You're not great.

youre a joke. stop making threads. barao looked sharp as shit in the first round

Back