Weak Gameplan from Saffiedene

NewAgeChuteBoxe

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Why on earth is he clinching with the thai plum when story's best weapon in clinch hooks to the body
baffling

It's frustrating to watch, for sure. I'm a huge Saffiedine fan. He just looks uninterested and like he's holding back.

European fighters seem to have less heart than North American or Brazilian fighters. Anytime they come up against adversity they seem to wilt

The weird thing about Saffedine is that he repeatedly switches stances and is seemingly in southpaw more than orthodox. Meanwhile, the majority of his strikes are from orthodox, particularly the right round kick. What's the point of going into southpaw if he's barely going to throw any strikes from that position?

Story did the same thing he did vs Nelson. For every strike Saffiedene threw, he threw 3. And land a whole lot more.

He was looking at the clock from the 1st round... and looked up like 20 times in the fight. Looked uninterested

It looked to me like Sponge was getting out-muscled the entire time and simply didn't have the physical strength to keep from being overpowered. That was a great win for Story and I'm glad he came out on top.

Story didn't look that great either, Saffiedine is a better fighter.

Yup very strange to try and clinch him

Story didn't look that great either, Saffiedine is a better fighter.
I disagree, I thought Story looked very good. His cardio looked good, his durability looked great as usual and his speed was there as well. He was faster on the feet for most all of the fight until the later rounds, Saffedine obviously has superior technique, but Story held his own from distance and was able to get inside pretty much at will without paying for it.

Tarec didn't look good. He's the better fighter. Always have a difficult time sitting through Rick Story fights. Sure he's fast and aggressive but you can only hold a guy against the fence for so long before I believe you just want the decision.

Land a punch, attempt to clinch, attempt landing a knee, get pushed against the fence and beat up, repeat!!! God that was annoying as hell

It's frustrating to watch, for sure. I'm a huge Saffiedine fan. He just looks uninterested and like he's holding back.

Uninterested is a good way to put it. He looked like he was spending more time looking at the clock or something then fighting.

I disagree, I thought Story looked very good. His cardio looked good, his durability looked great as usual and his speed was there as well. He was faster on the feet for most all of the fight until the later rounds, Saffedine obviously has superior technique, but Story held his own from distance and was able to get inside pretty much at will without paying for it.

I think he paid for it coming in, he's tough though. Story just isn't very dynamic, and too many stretches of that fight felt like a Hendricks wall n stall.

I expected more from Saffiedene as well. That being said I was pretty impressed by Story's performance after such a long layoff. I thought Tarec was gonna take this one for sure.

Tarec used to be way better than this. What the heck happened?

Back