Cruz has had a ton of close decisions

Trade Kraken

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
As great as he is, seems like he has gotten lucky that the judges have gone his way on all of his close fights. Judges could have easily given it to TJ in his last fight.

Has his and other fighters careers been made from the capriciousness of the judges?

TJ is the only fight in Cruz's career that could have gone either way. The only other one was a close rematch with Urijah that most of the media and fans scored for Cruz.

His style causes that, he basically dances around landing the occasional strike or takedown. He may get screwed one day

The weakness in his style is that he sacrifices power for movement so his opponent is always in the fight til the very end. He might lose the judges favor.

I think Uriah has lost a step and will be unable to put him to that point for what that's worth

As great as he is, seems like he has gotten lucky that the judges have gone his way on all of his close fights. Judges could have easily given it to TJ in his last fight.

Has his and other fighters careers been made from the capriciousness of the judges?

You're fabricating shit, dude. Don't come to a MMA forum and create your own rendition of history and think people aren't going to know. He's had three close decisions in his career: Faber, TJ and one of the Benavidez fights (I can't recall if it was the first or second - I get them a little mixed up). Three isn't remotely near a ton.

I only care about Cruz when he is talking about a more interesting fighter's fight.

TJ is the only fight in Cruz's career that could have gone either way. The only other one was a close rematch with Urijah that most of the media and fans scored for Cruz.
Great first response. They were the only really close decisions for Cruz. Different judges could have given Faber the win in the Cruz/Faber rematch, but they'd have been bad judges.

The benavidez fight was close and he has some other split decisions on his record as well.

As far as saying 'a ton', I'm not the first person on sherdog to use hyperbole in my post title.

Not remotely close to a ton of close decision. Faber (This is when he was a killer. People forget how good faber was), Benavidez, TJ. Three of the best guys to have ever fought in that division. Let me guess, you are looking at fights before WEC because I do not recall any other close fights.

Back