True or False: Bryan Caraway Would Beat Michael McDonald

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I know Michael McDonald is scheduled to fight John Lineker in South Dakota but this is a fight I could see being made down the line if McDonald manages to get through Lineker. I think Caraway would win a back and forth fight for a clear cut decision. Michael McDonald is a great fighter and still so young but I didn't like how he looked against Kanehara. I think the only reason he got the finish was due to that monster cage grab. Now I know not to judge him off that one performance, especially with a layoff but any trouble MM has had in the cage is on his back.

Bryan Caraway seems to be a tough fight for anyone in the division. He's a very smart fighter and while his striking isn't the greatest it gets the job done and I think it can be said that his ground game is one of the best in the division. Good combination of BJJ/Under rated wrestling/Surprising physical strength. I don't think he'll ever get a belt, shit he'll probably never get a title shot but I think this matchup against one of Sherdog's favorite BWs is favorable for him.

Bryan Caraway beats Michael McDonald by UD if not with a late round sub. What do you guys think of that prediction of this potential fight in the BW division?

I think it's very likely. Because people love to hate Caraway it's lead to him actually being quite underrated.

I would take Caraway but it would be a good fight, I think McDonald almost got fed to the wolves too early before, but I'd like to see him make another title run

I'd love to see McDonald knock him out but Caraway probably grinds him out to a decision or late sub.

Mayday is overrated IMO. Cant wait to see Lineker knock him out.

He has great power but his boxing technique isnt too good. I thought he lost to Chris Cariaso, bad decision IMO.

and Michael was getting beat and outgrappled by Kanehara before he got robbed by cheating.

He has a punchers chance against Bryan but Carway is the better allaround fighter and should be the favorite.

I'd take MacDonald but it would be a close one.​

He can but as long as the fight stays standing Mayday always has a chance of landing a bomb

I would never bet against Caraway but Mayday might be too much.

No, Mayday has pretty good striking and has great scrambles, anybody with decent striking and can stuff a takedown will beat Caraway, let's not act like he's some contender now that he beat Sterling, it was a good win but they both have horrible striking.

I love Mayday, but wasn't too impressed with his last fight.

To answer your question. FALSE, but maybe true. Can't count out Carraway

Mayday walks out of the cage leaving behind a corpse

I know Michael McDonald is scheduled to fight John Lineker in South Dakota but this is a fight I could see being made down the line if McDonald manages to get through Lineker. I think Caraway would win a back and forth fight for a clear cut decision. Michael McDonald is a great fighter and still so young but I didn't like how he looked against Kanehara. I think the only reason he got the finish was due to that monster cage grab. Now I know not to judge him off that one performance, especially with a layoff but any trouble MM has had in the cage is on his back.

Bryan Caraway seems to be a tough fight for anyone in the division. He's a very smart fighter and while his striking isn't the greatest it gets the job done and I think it can be said that his ground game is one of the best in the division. Good combination of BJJ/Under rated wrestling/Surprising physical strength. I don't think he'll ever get a belt, shit he'll probably never get a title shot but I think this matchup against one of Sherdog's favorite BWs is favorable for him.

Bryan Caraway beats Michael McDonald by UD if not with a late round sub. What do you guys think of that prediction of this potential fight in the BW division?

Definitely maybe.

Outside of Cruz and Dillashaw I don't think there's anyone he's not too even with.

I honestly don't know how to approach Michael McDonald. He is so inconsistent.

It's definitely possible. Can't really count caraway out against anyone but the top few fighters in the division.

He knows how to compete and finds ways to win.

Thread title should be "In your opinion, would Caraway beat McDonald?". "True or false" implies a definitive yes or no answer. Grammar Nazi rant ended. :)

On topic, I think Caraway has a very good chance of beating McDonald, and exactly for most of the reasons you mentioned, especially his superior grappling. He's tenacious and has a pretty high fight IQ, in my opinion.

The best mcdonald we've ever seen would starch caraway in under a minute.

No guarantee that kid still exists tho

And yeah, if Mcdonald gets past linker (fairly certain he will) this could totally happen next

Will be exited to see how MM looks.

Caraway would sub him. Mayday trains with a shit team that has stunted his potential.

Back