Is Michael Bisping a top 20 MW of alltime?

?

• Total voters

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
Top 10 wins - Anderson Silva

Top 20 wins - Brian Stann, Alan Belcher (eyepoke), CB Dollaway, Thales Leites

Top 30 wins - Chris Leben, Denis Kang, Jorge Rivera

Top 40 wins - Yoshihiro Akiyama

So these are his relevant wins in 8 years @ MW. Cung Le wasnt ranked and didnt fight for 2 years. Mayhem wasnt either. For as much credit as Bispings striking gets he got hurt bad/dropped and/or turned into a panic wrestler in some of those fights (Stann, Kang, Dollaway).

I dont think hes top 20. Id take MWs over him. They either have clearly better top wins or better wins/performances over a prolonged period/better skills

Anderson
Luke
Weidman
Hendo
Jacare
Marquardt
Rich
Bustamante
Filho
Shale
Misaki
Okami
Lindland
Gegard
Almeida
Hobbie
Yoel
Maia
Shields
Lombard

I think u can argue Bisping after those guys for #21. But i dont think he was for sure better than Santiago or Menne.

Pretty easily...

& CB, Stann & Leites were top 10 when he beat them...

Mike is GOAT gatekeeper. I'd say he's legit top 15 of all time.

One thing about Bisping is he has been around a long time. He's for sure top 15; back in the day he was actually pretty good with his kickboxing and Muay Thai. His cardio has always been his bestfriend though.

Borderline top 20, but that's it. If he wins the strap, he makes top 10.

OFCOURSE he is top 20. He is also top 10 in my opinion. Especially considering that most of his losses were to guys on steroids

Top 20 wins - Brian Stann, Alan Belcher (eyepoke), CB Dollaway, Thales Leites

Top 30 wins - Chris Leben, Denis Kang, Jorge Rivera

I dont think hes top 20. Id take MWs over him. They either have clearly better top wins or better wins/performances over a prolonged period/better skills

Anderson
Luke
Weidman
Hendo
Jacare
Marquardt

I think u can argue Bisping after those guys for #21. But i dont think he was for sure better than Santiago or Menne.

not too sure about ur top 20 there.. the bisping vs stann fight did not feel like only a top 20 affair.. i'd love to see a top 10 from when that fight occurred i think u are off here.

also, stopped reading at marquardt. im a big marquardt fan, love his video game-like KO combos, but i'd put bisping ahead of him and he's only 6th on ur list

Absolutely. I'd probably even have him top 5

1. Rockhold
2. Weidman
3. Shields
4. Bisping
5. Anderson

*Sonnen is right on the cusp and moves into top 5 if Anderson loses his next fight

*I rank Hendo at LHW or else he'd be up there

*TRT Belfort's entire career has been rendered null and void

easily bro, longevity and win loss % against very good opposition even when he lost.

lol @ gegard

I'd have him in the top 10, if Rockhold doesn't retire him he'll have the most wins in UFC history.

Bisping is top 20 of all time and when I mean top 20, I mean he's #20.

Frank Shamrock?

Not sure if serious.

He was a LHW in his prime. He debuted at MW in 2006 and stayed there till the end of his career.

His record was 2-3 and his wins were Cesar Gracie and Phil Baroni.............

Not sure if serious.

He was a LHW in his prime. He debuted at MW in 2006 and stayed there till the end of his career.

His record was 2-3 and his wins were Cesar Gracie and Phil Baroni.............
Still the UFC LHW title was still the MW title back until he left and it was renamed the LHW title at Tito's hands. Plus he was never mentioned as a top 20 or so LHW of all time so MW fits his category better

Mike's a good fighter, but does anyone really care if he's considered top 20 vs top 25, in a sport as young and pulling from a shallow talent pool, as mma is? Dude's had amazing longevity, been in some wars, and is probably the best gatekeeper in company history. Where you rank him all-time, though, is of little/no relevance, as he is clearly not an all-time great.

Frank Shamrock?

He's definitely a pioneer of MMA but he would be irrelevant vs modern competition as evidenced by his most recent loss to Kimbo Spice

Absolutely. I'd probably even have him top 5

1. Rockhold
2. Weidman
3. Shields
4. Bisping
5. Anderson

*Sonnen is right on the cusp and moves into top 5 if Anderson loses his next fight

*I rank Hendo at LHW or else he'd be up there

*TRT Belfort's entire career has been rendered null and void
Pretty amazing a guy with zero top 5 wins in his career, would be top 5 all-time.

Too bad Paulo Filho fell apart due to drug addiction. That man was absolutely terrifying back in the day.

Started to go off the rails in 2007. One of my buddies was training with him in Meirer back then and said he was a stone-cold psycho that regularly showed up at the gym tweaked out of his mind. Said he was the kind of guy you didn't even want to be around because he was so volatile and unpredictable.

Back