BJ Explains IV Usage

suffersystem

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/exclusive-interviews/bj-penn/

Interesting.....

“They said that after doing a physical on me and taking a look at my symptoms, a glutathione IV would be great for me. They told me that having the glutathione administered through an IV would be the best way for my body to absorb the antioxidant.

So the first thing I told them was that I am signed up with USADA year-round, so we have to take a look at their ‘banned substances list’ and make sure there is nothing in there.

We went through the banned substance list and of course glutathione was not on the list.

Once we discovered that nothing in the IV was on the banned substance list, I let the doctor administer the IV."

So the first thing I told them was that I am signed up with USADA year-round, so we have to take a look at their ‘banned substances list’ and make sure there is nothing in there.

We went through the banned substance list and of course glutathione was not on the list.

Once we discovered that nothing in the IV was on the banned substance list, I let the doctor administer the IV.

Oops. Must have missed the "IV method is prohibited at all times" part.

I'm still kind of weirded out by how it took so long to just get a simple answer as to why he took it.

In the end though ignorance is no excuse and he shouldn't have taken it.

Now, if he is indeed telling the truth, I can see how this would be upsetting. To me though, it still seems rather strange, but of course I would have to take him at his word presently. Hoping perhaps USADA maybe makes a statement about it?

This is a half assed excuse.

He knew he couldnt get any IV period.

This was an easy out because hes not ready.

0rLpF.gif

I thought he said he didn't know the IV ban was year round but he told the doctor he knew it was year round. Cmon bj I didn't wNnwanna think that if you but it's not looking good.

I thought he said he didn't know the IV ban was year round but he told the doctor he knew it was year round. Cmon bj I didn't wNnwanna think that if you but it's not looking good.
he didn't know the IV ban was part of the USADA, he knew USADA testing was year round

nothing sketchy at all

Poor BJ, old guy trying to make a comeback and he cant even roid up.

Oops. Must have missed the "IV method is prohibited at all times" part.
I'm pretty sure it's not though as long as it really was part of medical treatment

I'm pretty sure it's not though as long as it really was part of medical treatment
Well then BJ failed to produce medical documentation to get a TUE. Not sure what happened there.

So what if someone gets a staph infection and needs IV antibiotics?

No it wasn't a real medical need, just that "it would be good for you?"

Well guess what? It's good for fighters to rehydrate with IVs post weigh-ins too, and someone called people who do that wimps. Wonder who it was?

So what if someone gets a staph infection and needs IV antibiotics?

That's allowed. BJ had a bullshit undocumented usage which is not allowed. You can't stick a needle in for whatever reason you want.

Glutathione for vertigo and concussion. Bullshit bullshit.

He wasn't in a hospital after dehydration, an accident or an operation.

"So the first thing I told them was that I am signed up with USADA year-round"

Yeah right, that was the first thing he said to them. He probably doesn't even know IV is banned all year.

Who cares about the IV, I'm still wanting to know about the whole naked, drunk episode in the office of his formr employee's girlfriend's house deely bob.

Back