Amendment to Ali Act introduced on Thursday

theincognito

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The much-anticipated bill seeking to amend the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act was introduced by Oklahoma congressman Markwayne Mullin this past Thursday.

No text of the act which would amend the current law is available for the public but one would think that this should be available soon. Democrat Joseph Kennedy is co-sponsoring the bill. Thus, there is bi-partisan support for the bill as Mullin is a Republican.

The congressman is a former MMA fighter and is in support of legislation to protect all combat sport athletes. Information about the amendment language has been vague.

http://mmapayout.com/2016/05/amendment-to-ali-act-introduced-on-thursday/

Last edited:
Dana-White-UFC-The-Time-Is-Now-Press-07-750.jpg

Zuffa is going to be shitting bricks...

I agree with Dana... huh??? That article tells me nothing about what this amendment will do. It may be a really great thing for the UFC that holds their so called competitors to similar standards as far as health care and what not. It could also make the current contract model illegal... who knows. We'll have to wait and see but I'm betting it's not too big of a deal.

Zuffa is going to be shitting bricks...
Why, most likely there will just be federal regulation like New York put in where every fighter on every card has to be insured against injury. The UFC already does that. It will just make it harder for their competition. There is always a possibility that the amendment makes the UFC change the contracts they currently have and future negotiation but while we are clueless and only have this vague information, I'm sure the Fertittas are in the know. So I doubt their shitting bricks right now but again who knows.

Good. Zuffa have been throwing their weight about for too long.

Back