Almeida or Garbrandt??

BustaHimes

Power Overwhelming
@Blue
Reaction score
Tough choice .
My heart says Cody as he is from my state and trained at Strongstyle earlier in his career with my boy Stipe.

But my head is leaning towards Almeida because I just think hes a phenom who's coming for the belt.

I'll be rooting for No Love but I'm picking Thominhas.

I will go against the grain and say Garbrandt by KO, round 2 in this one.

Just because I always root for the underdog.:D

50-50 fight. Both are young, hungry and have power to KO each other. I cant see how someone can clearly say one has the edge over other when they both have looked equally impressive in their fights.

Im surprised this fight is happening this early because these two have the potential to be decent draws with their styles and skills.

50-50 fight. Both are young, hungry and have power to KO each other. I cant see how someone can clearly say one has the edge over other when they both have looked equally impressive in their fights.

Im surprised this fight is happening this early because these two have the potential to be decent draws with their styles and skills.
Good analysis and I agree that it's too early for them to fight each other!

its a tough fight

Almeida gets a bit reckless and has defense problems it was the reason he got dropped and hurt badly by brad pickett but he has more ways to finish this fight

Almeida will leave openings, and Cody throws some quick and precise counters with ill intent. I think Almeida is the better striker and much more diverse, but I say there is a chance for Cody. He'll have to capitalize quick I would think, because Almeida is going to launch his offensive striking onslaught early and often.

Almeida is a much better striker.

I think almeida is definitely the more well rounded striker. However cody's boxing is better and all it takes is 1 clean punch.

Almeida was getting busted up by pickett's boxing and garbrandt is a better boxer than pickett.

Almeida will leave openings, and Cody throws some quick and precise counters with ill intent. I think Almeida is the better striker and much more diverse, but I say there is a chance for Cody. He'll have to capitalize quick I would think, because Almeida is going to launch his offensive striking onslaught early and often.
So ...who you picking? :D

Hope Almeida knocks his neck tattoo off.

As much as it pains me to say it: Garbrandt taunts him early, then KO's him stiff in the 1st round. His massive advantage is Almeida's clear weakness.

As much as it pains me to say it: Garbrandt taunts him early, then KO's him stiff in the 1st round. His massive advantage is Almeida's clear weakness.

I agree. Dont know if he finishes him in the first round but I expect a polished Cody Garbrandt to take out Almeida with a big right left combo. Incredible fight either way. Could be a quick one also. Hoping for some great exchanges

rooting for almeida, but im kinda giving garbrandt the edge

I see Thominhas winning this fight. No Love will be fighting with emotions like tokens in Vegas his ass is cashed out.

Almeida should win this one, he's a considerably better striker overall and although the boxing is more even, Almeida still gets him there. He's also a better defensive fighter. He will hit Cody often and more powerful and avoid taking the big shots en route to a KO win. Cody can catch him, the guy is no slouch with his hands but thats really the only way I see him winning. Almeida just controls the distance better and has a much more varied offensive attack here, he's got a very efficient and disciplined pressure style.

One point that no one seems to mention about the Picket fight is the adjustments that Alemida makes in fights, you gotta watch his fights prior to the UFC to see this. The Picket fight was a good example, he was getting tagged early and often because he stood in the pocket too long, after getting tagged he changed his distance up and started to win the exchanges, round 2 was maintained distance and KO'd Picket. He does this far better than Cody does which will be to his benefit here.

Cody has some grappling that he can mix with this striking. he seems like a better all around athlete. Almedia has a rare killer instinct. Im really flip flopping how its going to play out in my head over and over. Why was Almedia wearing those big ass shades during the weigh in? he shoulda looked the man in his eyes during the stare down. cant wait for this fight to happen... Rooting for Cody.

Almeida by KO. Almeida may be hittable but I honestly don't think Garbrandt's defense is all that great either given his boxing acumen. He has a lower guard than Almeida, squares up in exchanges and has little head movement unless he's changing levels. It's hard not to pick the guy who I've seen come out on top in a firefight over the one hasn't really been tested.

Back