Thomas Almeida's first 12 pro fights (all wins, 20-0 overall) have a combined fight time of 25 mins

Thuckey

I swear to drunk.. I'm not God.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is a common misconception in mma that guys that go undefeated for a long stretch are simply "can crushers" but regardless of who somebody faces, you have to fucking admit going 20 fights untouched and the first 12 only amounting to 25 minutes - the total time for a single title fight is god damned impressive.

Sometimes you just get somebody special in mma and I believe Thomas Almeida has the potential to be a true superstar and champion. Although widely accepted as a force to be reckoned with, he is still relatively underrated and I think tomorrow night will start the next chapter in his career with a title shot and perhaps UFC gold.

I've had my radar on this guy for a while, and I hope you guys follow suit. War Almeida.

Flying%2BKnee%2BKnockout%2BThomas%2BAlmeida%2Bvs%2BBrad%2BPickett%2BUFC%2B189.gif

Thomas%2BAlmeida%2BStops%2BYves%2BJabouin%2BUFC%2B186.gif

ko2.gif

Check the stats here:
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Thomas-Almeida-87865

Last edited:
war almeida. i always find myself easily getting behind undefeated fighters with good records. but i also like almeida's style and will definitely be rooting for him

cody is also undefeated, but only as a pro. also his record is far less impressive. still, if their numbers were switched i'd prob be pulling for cody since i want to see someone go like 50-0 in mma

but until then, war almeida. he's the fav to win but it wouldn't surprise me if cody ruins his record with a lucky punch or something

Almeida is the real deal. My only reservation is his style is wild and leaves him very susceptible to a good counter from another good striker, which is Cody is and has quick hands. I'd like to see him shore up his defense some as he climbs the ranks, but it will force some changes in his offensive aggressiveness. So maybe I don't want him to and just think I do?

Great point.

You better be a fucking kabib fan as well

i want to see someone go like 50-0 in mma

Guilty in this as well.

However seeing how common that sort of thing is in boxing and how unheard of it is in mma (closest we got was Fedor 31-1) I take it as MMA being just so damn difficult and unpredictable to truly never lose. Also is why I love the sport so much ironically.

Impressive fighter, but I don't like how he wears glasses way too big for his face. He looks like a douche.

Very impressive, he is very talented for sure. I hope he KO's Cody tomorrow

And this is a fucking BANTAMWEIGHT we are talking about.

Almeida wrecking dudes for 12 fights in 25 minutes > Cruz out pointing somebody in one 25 minute fight IMO

not to sound petty, but the way the thread title reads, it seems you are saying after 12 fights he had a 20-0 record. i am however "the can" and could just be reading it poorly.

Neither guy has fought anyone of note yet so it's a smart match-up on the UFC's part--they can promote at least 1 undefeated fighter a little longer. However, we the fans still won't have seen either one of these guys fight anyone of note.

Neither guy has fought anyone of note yet so it's a smart match-up on the UFC's part--they can promote at least 1 undefeated fighter a little longer. However, we the fans still won't have seen either one of these guys fight anyone of note.

True enough. And is what seperates the UFC from the rest.

Hence why guys don't stay undefeated for long in UFC,, but I got my fingers crossed for this beast.

Almeida wrecking dudes for 12 fights in 25 minutes > Cruz out pointing somebody in one 25 minute fight IMO
Wow! Saying that 12 wins is more impressive than 1 win?

You're really going out on a limb there.

if you fight all the time, it can be a drawback for some, but it's also why a guy like Igor Vovchanchyn was so adept at what he did. You learn who you are when you have a ton of fights, you have miles to git gud at what it is that you want your approach to be.

Wow! Saying that 12 wins is more impressive than 1 win?

You're really going out on a limb there.

To be honest the similarity in comparison was the 25 minutes they have in common.....

This fight has my draft kings lineup in a big mess...both can end the fight in the first and i believe it will.

Cody can end it during an exchange where his boxing is a big straighter and where he throws more power shots than flurries.

Almeida is more explosive and can end the fight being the first striker or at mid range just before Garbrandt resets his feet.

Either way is see these two fighting again down the road in a Championship fight.

Beating Dillashaw > those 12 cans.

If you follow Brazil MMA, you know some of the guys he beat are good fighters

Let's not forget, this guy almost got finished by Pickett a few times. I think Cody will finish this guy.

Back