BARAO VS STEPHENS is Very Interesting

Reign009

Not sure if serious.
Reaction score
Barao is a former champ at a lower weight class and at one point looked nearly unstoppable. I think it's a deceptively dangerous fight for Barao because Stephens' ranking doesn't reflect how much of a threat he is in this particular fight. he's a bad match up for Barao due to his physicality and brutality. Stephens is a guy that cuts a lot to make FW and at one point, these guy were 2 weight classes apart. Jeremy is also the guy who KO'ed Dos Anjos in that epic high light reel uppercut.

maxresdefault.jpg

I think it's a deceptively dangerous fight for Barao because Stephens' ranking doesn't reflect how much of a threat he is in this particular fight.

Very well said.

I have Barao by decision but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Stephens flatlined him.

Barao will have to fight a VERY careful fight here.

ONE mistake, and Stephens has the power to shut the lights out on ANYONE in the division.

If there's any justice in this cruel world Barao will knock him unconscious within 1.

I got Stephens in this fight, he hits like a truck and is very durable.. and is used to fighting bigger guys. I don't think this is a good fight for Barao for his first fight at FW

Yup, very hard fight and very important. I really hope he wins, he's a cool guy and I like to see him fight.

Side note : if he loses, all the anti-brazilian crowd will say that NU guys were all steroid users before USADA.

Very well said.

I have Barao by decision but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Stephens flatlined him.
When Jeremy pushed Barao at the weigh-ins it looked like it changed Barao's excitement. He seemed lost and that gave me some concern. He might still have some mental problems after those TJ fights.

I think Stephens knocks him out, I like Barao, but watching TJ just flat out annihilate him twice in a row, I can't get behind Barao against a larger fighter after seeing those...

I wish him the best, but Snakeashaw stole his soul and ate it

When Jeremy pushed Barao at the weigh-ins it looked like it changed Barao's excitement. He seemed lost and that gave me some concern. He might still have some mental problems after those TJ fights.

I think Barao had no idea how close Stephens was. He wasn't trying to get in his face or anything. That's how I interpreted it anyway haha

I think Barao had no idea how close Stephens was. He wasn't trying to get in his face or anything. That's how I interpreted it anyway haha

That's a good point. After seeing the gif Renan was just running up without realizing. I still feel like it threw him off-guard though. Hoping this fight is as exciting as it is on paper!

they both like "lol wooops"

I just think that TJ broke baraos shit, and Stephens has never been broken.

Bet on the Heathen

Yup, very hard fight and very important. I really hope he wins, he's a cool guy and I like to see him fight.

Side note : if he loses, all the anti- NU crowd will say that NU guys were all steroid users before USADA.
Fixed. No one's anti Brazilians just stop

I went with my gut and picked Stephens by KO. My thought is Renan has some adjusting to do with his move to FW. Putting him up against likely the biggest hitter in the division might be a disaster in his first outing. Jeremy has certainly proven susceptible to the being hit on the feet, so we'll see who lays down the leather first and how the other reacts to it.

I went with my gut and picked Stephens by KO. My thought is Renan has some adjusting to do with his move to FW. Putting him up against likely the biggest hitter in the division might be a disaster in his first outing. Jeremy has certainly proven susceptible to the being hit on the feet, so we'll see who lays down the leather first and how the other reacts to it.
I was surprised UFC gave Barao a opponent like Stephens to be honest, he fought most of his career at LW too, he is big for the weight class. I never forget when he nearly broke RDA's face in half with that brutal KO. he packs a serious punch, in both hands. I'm not feeling its a good fight for Barao, especially in a 3 rounder where Stephens can let go.

i think stephens catches him eventually

Back