Using a sliding scale, Do you think Rumble is more of a 'Brawler' or a 'Technical Striker' ?

Which one?

• Total voters
Technical brawler
When you add this to the poll il vote.

He will never be a technical striker

Guys with that much power rarely are

I think Rumble is a one punch wonder who doesn't have many other skills than hitting like a semi-truck

He hits really hard therefore he is not technical.

-Sherdog

Love this thread,. I personally believe hes both , he transitions during the fight . He uses tonnes of technique ,but when hesnin close he definitely throws bombs like a brawler .

Hope he gets the belt ,. I wish he waited like woodley

I would't downgrade him to a brawler, but he isn't a technical masterpiece too tho. He's what already is stated above: A technical brawler.

More on the technical side for me. He's also got a nasty high kick he's showcased a few times.

Cannot fucking wait for Rumble/Glover

I think Rumble is a one punch wonder who doesn't have many other skills than hitting like a semi-truck
He hits very hard yes. But dont allow that to skew your view of him. Hes fast, explosive, and he uses his wrestling to defend most takedowns. Hence davis, and bader.

I already know a DC smothering him gif is coming lol but he is still all i said.

Scales shouldn't be use as they are sliding. You need level ground for accurate measurement. Ban.

Well, then you know nothing. It's not by coincidence that Rumble has barely ever been hit clean in the stand up in his entire career. His kicks are fast and powerful, some of the best if not the best at LHW. He gets a bit wild when he has someone hurt but he's not nearly as wild when out in open space as people make out. Also, his wrestling and take down defense in particular are above average. Much more than a one punch wonder.

Really, 'technical brawler' would be a good description.

Technical,you dont beat Gustafsson with just brawling,that didnt work out for Thiago Silva,Rumble did it with his tec. and power as he always does,thats what makes him so strong and good.

More on the technical side for me. He's also got a nasty high kick he's showcased a few times.

Cannot fucking wait for Rumble/Glover

I just don't understand how can anyone think he's a brawler, while no one at LHW landed a reactive takedown on him.

If he was a brawler, he would leave big openings for a power double or single leg, surely? Even DC used his chain wrestling

Not to mention he rarely gets hit on the feet. A brawler tends to get caught with a clean strike on the chin, against an above average counter striker

Well, then you know nothing.

Yeah, by definition a technical brawler doesn't exist dumbass, thats why technical striker and brawler are separate options...

Rumble's best weapon is his 1 punch, I didn't say he had no other skills, but he really isn't that well rounded

You can't hit like that without technique.

Just curious what Sherdog thinks.
It's close but I think he's a brawler. He goes for it and doesn't do a lot of backing up. The guy is a warrior even if he's a smart one. Brawler first, technician second but he has both in him.

Being super aggressive doesn't automatically make you a brawler. Rumble picks his shots well, he has tricky combos. I remember shad saying he catches guys all the time in training because of the weird choices he makes with his shots, not because he tries to KO his team mates. Voted technical

Back