Do you think Choi runs through Tavares?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I do. I think Tavares will be hesitant to strike with him, and try to spam takedowns. But, he will then realize that he needs to become a better wrestler to take and hold Choi down, then by that point Choi will land a counter right and put him out.

Thoughts on this fight? and thoughts on Choi becoming a contender? Does he have a higher ceiling than Ortega(who also beat Tavares)?

I think Tavares is a great test for Choi, he is super well rounded, has wins in multiple divisions and has seen it all in the cage. So no, I don't think Choi will run right through him. If he does I'll be very impressed.

Choi KO R1

I think he fucks Ortega up too. I love Choi vs Yair as a matchup but it would break my heart as they are both my boys
Same with Taisumov & Felder

I think Tavares is a great test for Choi, he is super well rounded, has wins in multiple divisions and has seen it all in the cage. So no, I don't think Choi will run right through him. If he does I'll be very impressed.
I think he is a great test too, but he would be silly to strike with Choi. Tavares strikes me as an overconfident striker, as he is a jiu jitsu fighter. But Choi has better takedown defense than Ortega, so if one of these fighters will get finished, it will be Tavares.

Choi KO R1

I think he fucks Ortega up too. I love Choi vs Yair as a matchup but it would break my heart as they are both my boys
Taisumov vs Felder would be good, I haven't ever really thought about it. Taisumov would probably dominate him with his wrestling and pressure. Felder has always seemed overrated imo. He was losing to Cruickshank before the sub.

Tavares has fought much better competition. Choi hasn't faced even 10% of the competition Tavares has. I'll go with Tavares by decision in this fight.

Ortega is overrated, he has horrible striking.

Choi KO R1

Taisumov would push Felder's shit in so bad

We'l see for sure what The Korean Superboy has in this one. Good test

This fight will completely depend on Tavares' approach. If he gets too confident on the feet he will lose. If plays it to his strength with takedowns and some grinding against the cage off failed attempts, he wins either by UD or a late sub.

Tavares is huge for the division and is a much better grappler with much better experience against better competition. If he's smart, it's his fight to lose.

That said, I'm betting on whoever ends up the underdog.

I'm not sure he "runs through" Tavares. Tavares' style works very well for spoiling young, exciting prospects much like Barberena's or Story's. He sets his takedowns well too, so Choi's usual methods of defending them might not work. And we don't know how Choi will look outside of the first round.

I say that: if Tavares manages to survive the initial onslaught, his chances of winning improve with every minute.

I think Tavares takes him down and smothers him. I'm new to Choi and didn't see his last fight. I don't know how good his jits and ground game are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back