Overeem opens up as an underdog vs Miocic

Headk1ck

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
https://bestfightodds.com/events/ufc-203-miocic-vs-overeem-1138

I am kind of surprised to see this, 5dimes shows Reem +130 Miocic -160

I know Stipe has power and Reem lacks a chin, but since Reem beated JDS who is a similar and better fighter than Stipe I definately favor fim.

Are people overbetting the champion or am I missing something?

Can a modd please add a Reem or Miocic poll? I dont know how to do that

champions are almost always favorites, except in a jones vs cormier, or cruz vs dillashaw situation (im actually not sure if cruz was a fav, but i thot he opened up as one)

This seems about accurate to me, I personally am picking Stipe, but i think the odds are reasonable, maybe Stipe is a lil too heavy of a favorite there, but yeah

Reem beated JDS?

I know Stipe has power and Reem lacks a chin, but since Reem beated JDS who is a similar and better fighter than Stipe I definately favor fim.

dat MMAth

Stipe isn't going to fight Reem even remotely close to the way JDS fought Reem.

That surprises me. I'm picking Stipe, but I thought he would be the one to open up as underdog. Should be a good one.

Pickem fight. Excited as F. Please god no injuries. Please.

Take this to the betting forum. The reason Stipe is a favorite is Overeem's glass chin. If it weren't for that weakness Alistair would likely be the favorite. High chance Stipe knocks out Overeem.

Can anyone name a fight where the champ was an underdog? Other than gsp-serra 2 and vitor-randy 3???? Just curious what some others may be

Reem has got to fight the smartest fight of his life to win this one. Stay on the outside and break Stipe down with brutal kicks. Even if he hurts him he's gotta be careful not to get too excited and rush in for the kill. Stipe is fast and his hands are sharp, just one touch to Reems dainty lil chin and it's goodnight sweet prince.

Take this to the betting forum. The reason Stipe is a favorite is Overeem's glass chin. If it weren't for that weakness Alistair would likely be the favorite. High chance Stipe knocks out Overeem.

Glass chin? lol

He is fighting heavyweights not welterweights

Basically about even, just that it's leaning towards Stipe. If Overeem wasn't so chinny he'd be a 3 to 1 favorite over Stipe.

champions are almost always favorites, except in a jones vs cormier, or cruz vs dillashaw situation (im actually not sure if cruz was a fav, but i thot he opened up as one)

This seems about accurate to me, I personally am picking Stipe, but i think the odds are reasonable, maybe Stipe is a lil too heavy of a favorite there, but yeah
Cruz was a 2/1 underdog, IIRC Macdonald was favorite over Lawler in their rematch

Cruz was a 2/1 underdog, IIRC Macdonald was favorite over Lawler in their rematch

Ok, I'm pretty sure in the opening bets tho it was about even, and I think Cruz might have been favored.. I didn't know about Lawler

For sure Reem is technically better fighter, but i think Stipe is too tough for him and will find Reems chin eventually.

Back