Daniel Cormier talks Jon Jones rematch at UFC 200 and future plans

Cormier will retire if Bones beats him again, I can hear it in his voice.

Cormier will retire if Bones beats him again, I can hear it in his voice.
As he should if jones beats him. Even if he goes back to heavyweight and somehow wins the belt it still would put a sour taste in his championship authenticity. This fight is a must win for Cormier.

2l9tvk9.jpg

Did he mentioned retiring? Can't watch right now. I really want to see him stick around regardless of the outcome of the Jones fight. He's one of the best fighters in the world.

Can't imagine a Cormier win over Jones happening. With Cain out of the picture he should get dat HW strap.

i want to see Cormier vs Teixeira if both lose their fights
I enjoy DC's fights too and think he should go back to HW if he loses to Jones, but I have a feeling it'll make him retire if he fails against Jones.

DC vs Glover would be interesting to say the least but we need the matchup we were robbed of in Glover vs Gus win or lose against Rumble

Did he mentioned retiring? Can't watch right now. I really want to see him stick around regardless of the outcome of the Jones fight. He's one of the best fighters in the world.

He said when he feels he cannot fight the top guys, he'll retire.

I enjoy DC's fights too and think he should go back to HW if he loses to Jones, but I have a feeling it'll make him retire if he fails against Jones.

DC vs Glover would be interesting to say the least but we need the matchup we were robbed of in Glover vs Gus win or lose against Rumble
Cormier won't fare good in modern HW division imo. Also, why in the world Glover should fight Gus if he beats Rumble? Glover gets TS and 4 win in a row with win, Gus is 1-3 in last 4 fights and lost 2 in a row, there is no logic in making this fight (it's even beyond 'UFC logic'). Only logic would be if Glover loses and Gus wins one fight, then Glover vs Gus is a fight to make

Cormier won't fare good in modern HW division imo. Also, why in the world Glover should fight Gus if he beats Rumble? Glover gets TS and 4 win in a row with win, Gus is 1-3 in last 4 fights and lost 2 in a row, there is no logic in making this fight (it's even beyond 'UFC logic'). Only logic would be if Glover loses and Gus wins one fight, then Glover vs Gus is a fight to make
I believe Cormier would fair well against today's HW division. His grappling and wrestling is a problem for anyone. Plus he's already been successful at HW. You mean to tell me DC wrestling couldn't defeat Miocic?

Gus vs Glover is a great matchup whenever. Glover is in the gatekeeper status if Jones beats DC again, so it'll only make sense to make Glover vs Gus after Glover/Rumble and possibly Gus/Krylov. This is all hypothetical of course.

We could see DC vs Glover if both lose their upcoming bouts tho...

He says he wont be fighting forever as he isnt getting any younger and doesnt need it financially. Also says that he lost because he didnt fight well (2nd 5 round fight, 2nd at 205 or sth like that), not because jones was better, and that gives him good confidence for this fight.

I believe Cormier would fair well against today's HW division. His grappling and wrestling is a problem for anyone. Plus he's already been successful at HW. You mean to tell me DC wrestling couldn't defeat Miocic?

Gus vs Glover is a great matchup whenever. Glover is in the gatekeeper status if Jones beats DC again, so it'll only make sense to make Glover vs Gus after Glover/Rumble and possibly Gus/Krylov. This is all hypothetical of course.

We could see DC vs Glover if both lose their upcoming bouts tho...

DC's Heavyweight wins are irrelevant now, best guy he beat is currently at #9. Mark Hunt, Miocic, Overeem, Werdum, Browne, JDS, Rothwell they all can beat DC imo, DC should stay at LHW, he'll get KO'd in a HW divsion.

With win over Rumble, Glover deserves another crack at the title -> Jones/Texieira 2 or Cormier/Texieira, possible 4 fight winning streak is no joke (with currently 3 finishes) and if he beats Rumble, who already KTFO'd Gus, he shouldn't fight Gus even if he wins one fight (with whoever they'll match him up). Gus/Glover makes sense if Glover loses next fight - there is how i logically see this.

DC's Heavyweight wins are irrelevant now, best guy he beat is currently at #9. Mark Hunt, Miocic, Overeem, Werdum, Browne, JDS, Rothwell they all can beat DC imo, DC should stay at LHW, he'll get KO'd in a HW divsion.

With win over Rumble, Glover deserves another crack at the title -> Jones/Texieira 2 or Cormier/Texieira, possible 4 fight winning streak is no joke (with currently 3 finishes) and if he beats Rumble, who already KTFO'd Gus, he shouldn't fight Gus even if he wins one fight (with whoever they'll match him up). Gus/Glover makes sense if Glover loses next fight - there is how i logically see this.
Like I said before, however we get Gus vs Glover then more power to it. DC would do work on Stipe, Reem, Arvloski, Browne, Hunto, and most likely JDS. Big Ben is a joke and Cormier would maul him.

The only man that could give him big problems is Werdum IMO. Great grappling and BJJ where DC wrestling could be irrelevant, and now a days Werdum has an arsenal of striking.

And we all know he'll never fight Cain.

Like I said before, however we get Gus vs Glover then more power to it. DC would do work on Stipe, Reem, Arvloski, Browne, Hunto, and most likely JDS. Big Ben is a joke and Cormier would maul him.

i just can't agree with this. DC's wins: Barnett (beaten by Browne, Rothwell), Nelson (beaten by Reem, Hunt, Werdum and Stipe) Mir (beaten by Reem, Arlovski, JDS, Hunt) and Bigfoot (beaten by Arlovski, Hunt, Werdum), these guys were all beaten by the top dogs of HW, and DC hadn't fought them. DC got dropped by Rumble and Gus and these HW hit even harder

i just can't agree with this. DC's wins: Barnett (beaten by Browne, Rothwell), Nelson (beaten by Reem, Hunt, Werdum and Stipe) Mir (beaten by Reem, Arlovski, JDS, Hunt) and Bigfoot (beaten by Arlovski, Hunt, Werdum), these guys were all beaten by the top dogs of HW, and DC hadn't fought them. DC got dropped by Rumble and Gus and these HW hit even harder
MMA math never works, man. Cormier took some heavy damage against Gus all night long and still won clearly, and he finished a very dangerous guy in Rumble Johnson when nobody as of late has been able to do that. Plus he took a bomb from Rumble and carried on with no fear. That's pretty tough IMO.

MMA math never works, man. Cormier took some heavy damage against Gus all night long and still won clearly, and he finished a very dangerous guy in Rumble Johnson when nobody as of late has been able to do that. Plus he took a bomb from Rumble and carried on with no fear. That's pretty tough IMO.

i'm not believer of MMA math either, but plenty of guys Cormier beat at HW (his best wins) were beaten by top of the division and that is a fact. Every fight at HW is dangerous, Barnett, Mir and Nelson are mediocre HW's let's be real. Yes DC dominated them all but top guys are very dangerous. On top of that you just can be successful at HW, because it only takes one punch from them

Back