Joey Beltran arguably beat Stipe and at very least fight could have gone either way

Diggem

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
That was a very good back and forth fight between Joey Beltran and Stipe. I scored the fight for Beltran and felt that he arguably beat Miocic. In the 2nd round Beltran smashed Miocic,took him down and almost finished Stipe. Beltran was also landing on Stipe a lot. At the very least it was a very close fight that could have gone either way. I give props to Beltran for giving Stipe a very tough fight.

Joey Beltran coming for that Middleweight Strap.

B-5uBUCU4AA_Ozl.jpg

It was a close fight indeed.

Stipe started gassing hard in the 2nd from what I remember. I don't think he's the type of guy who can scramble and grapple hard for too long. He did it with a fat Hunt who was coming off a ridiculous weight cut but I think anyone who can clinch with him and make him work on the ground is going to give him a hard fight. I'd pick someone like Cormier over him in a heartbeat.

Pretty crazy/sad that Beltran used to hang around at HW.

He seems quite clearly averagely sized MW when at healthy weight/shape.

What? Stipe clearly outstruck him in the first and third, and landed a bunch of takedowns. Get out of here with this nonsense. No one had Beltran winning that fight. Clear cut 29-28 for Stipe.

sorry beltran usually shows up fat and is boring

Speaking of that - Cody Garbrandt would KO Conor McGregor.

Stipe started gassing hard in the 2nd from what I remember. I don't think he's the type of guy who can scramble and grapple hard for too long. He did it with a fat Hunt who was coming off a ridiculous weight cut but I think anyone who can clinch with him and make him work on the ground is going to give him a hard fight. I'd pick someone like Cormier over him in a heartbeat.

I agree with that. Very good analysis.

Conor lost to a flyweight. Fedor would've probably lost a decision to Arona under any other ruleset. Anderson got finished by a guy with a losing record prior to becoming MW champion. Ivan Menjivar gave GSP a tough fight and was only finished under very weird circumstances. These fights are fun to look back on, but the reality is not even the best fighters in the history of the sport are world beaters from day 1.

Pretty crazy/sad that Beltran used to hang around at HW.

He seems quite clearly averagely sized MW when at healthy weight/shape.

I agree and it makes Beltrans performance against Stipe even more spectacular.

That was a very good back and forth fight between Joey Beltran and Stipe. I scored the fight for Beltran and felt that he arguably beat Miocic. In the 2nd round Beltran smashed Miocic,took him down and almost finished Stipe. Beltran was also landing on Stipe a lot. At the very least it was a very close fight that could have gone either way. I give props to Beltran for giving Stipe a very tough fight.

These posts are from the same person. :D

hahahahahaha are you joking TS? Hi Joey!!. Stipe totally dominated the fight 30-27, wasn't close.

Beltran must be one of the least skilled fighters recently in the UFC, but his badassness and chin made him a treat to watch. Plus, like already mentioned, he was a MW facing HW's.
hespek.

Well that's it then

Joey Beltran > Fedor

I remember watching this fight live on the Facebook prelims.

Those were the days.

Back