A Brave New World If The UFC Sells

blazerkor

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Weird subject line I know but this could be quite the exciting time to be a fan of MMA. A lot of things could change and they could do so very quickly so instead of concentrating on the negative possibilities, what are the best possible changes that could be in store if Zuffa sells?

I would love to see the PPV broadcast team change. I would like to see the PPV team be Mauro with the Fighter and the Kid. It would up the entertainment level and I'd like to see the knew ownership be open to on air criticism. Let all non PPV's be called by Anik and Stann in the US while Gooden and Hardy call all non PPV's abroad. Bring back Ariel to the broadcasts.

I would also like to see the UFC distance the promotion from the production. Sell the rights to produce and broadcast the fights for PPV, Cable and Broadcast Television. Let Fox do it all and let the sport be covered like sports should, with at least some impartiality and journalistic integrity. Fox could shoot the fights, employ the broadcast teams and that's it on fight night. The UFC would still handle the show itself.

Let Fox sports hire and fire who they want without fear of repercussion. For god's sake get an actual broadcaster/sports journalist to host UFC tonight and let the fighters be the color commentators. The broadcast/journalistic integrity stuff is most important to me but what would you want?

Would you want Chael P to promote the fights if Dana were gone? Would you want the matchmakers to change or stay the same? Would you, like Luke Thomas and many others, want to abolish "Face the Pain"? What woud you like to change?

I'd like for them to eliminate ppvs all together and everything be on free TV but that won't happen.

I don't do well with change.

I gotta work on that...

Stopped reading when you said Mauro and fighter and the kid, Mauro and Schaub wouldn't be too bad but Callen has no place being a commentator he knows nothing about MMA and almost always just inserts his point of view as if it's supposed to carry weight with MMA fans, wake up Callen everybody knows that you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about.

So what you're saying is: "Take away what's making UFC unique and make it bland like other TV broadcast. While you're at it, put the production into the hands of TV executives who care only about the lowest denominator"

Yeah, this will end well...

Stopped reading when you said Mauro and fighter and the kid, Mauro and Schaub wouldn't be too bad but Callen has no place being a commentator he knows nothing about MMA and almost always just inserts his point of view as if it's supposed to carry weight with MMA fans, wake up Callen everybody knows that you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about.
I hear you but Callen would bring a lot of funny and a fan's perspective that may be refreshing. I just like the idea of having a comedian in there that isn't an expert but does follow the sport.

I really hope that there is no sale. It's better the devil that you know.

I hear you but Callen would bring a lot of funny and a fan's perspective that may be refreshing. I just like the idea of having a comedian in there that isn't an expert but does follow the sport.
I'd rather Robin Black, Callen has no business being associated with MMA in an official role, he's clueless.

I listened to Dennis Miller on Monday Night Football. No thank you.

So what you're saying is: "Take away what's making UFC unique and make it bland like other TV broadcast. While you're at it, put the production into the hands of TV executives who care only about the lowest denominator"

Wow, that's not what I'm saying at all. I think the show (meaning the event itself) is what sets the UFC apart. Their broadcasts are stale. If I have to listen to Goldy say the same parroted lines for the next decade, I will be unhappy. Also, Fox does an amazing job broadcasting the NFL and has already added a lot to the UFC's production value.

Mauro...and the fighter & teh kid. Broadcast team? And in paragraph 2 of 5?

9a89c2a75b7b8db4b14ddb69fddc5ba7.jpg

6/10 troll thread. Putting it in paragraph 4 would have taken it up to a 9.

I listened to Dennis Miller on Monday Night Football. No thank you.
Don't kill me but I didn't hate Dennis Miller on MNF and Callen won't get so political, he will try to fit in and will come up with some funny stuff.

Why would the broadcast team change because they sell the company? Why would Dana leave? When a baseball team is sold, do all the players suddenly become free agents? Oh, and P.S., I have a better chance of flying to the moon than the UFC does of being sold.

giphy.gif

Don't kill me but I didn't hate Dennis Miller on MNF and Callen won't get so political, he will try to fit in and will come up with some funny stuff.

I actually like Dennis Miller as a comedian. But I had no desire to have a comedian attempt tell me about football.

as soon as i saw you say bring in Mauro i was instantly put off and quit reading.

He is even worse now then ever, his wrestling persona as a commentator bleeds into his MMA work. so fukn over the top and he doesnt do the homework. knows shit about most new fighters and prepare properly.

Why would the broadcast team change because they sell the company? Why would Dana leave? When a baseball team is sold, do all the players suddenly become free agents? Oh, and P.S., I have a better chance of flying to the moon than the UFC does of being sold.

I don't know anything about baseball, but I do know the NFL and new ownership almost always brings in a new general manager. And when a new general manager comes in, he almost always brings in a new head coach.

Dana just said he would leave if they sold. Everyone in the media, including Rogan, seems to think there is life to the story that the UFC is up for sale but no one is flying people to the moon right now. Speaking of Rogan, he has said several times that he isn't sure if he's going to stay past his contract that is up in August. So yeah those are the reasons why those things might happen.

Weird subject line I know but this could be quite the exciting time to be a fan of MMA. A lot of things could change and they could do so very quickly so instead of concentrating on the negative possibilities, what are the best possible changes that could be in store if Zuffa sells?

I would love to see the PPV broadcast team change. I would like to see the PPV team be Mauro with the Fighter and the Kid. It would up the entertainment level and I'd like to see the knew ownership be open to on air criticism. Let all non PPV's be called by Anik and Stann in the US while Gooden and Hardy call all non PPV's abroad. Bring back Ariel to the broadcasts.

I would also like to see the UFC distance the promotion from the production. Sell the rights to produce and broadcast the fights for PPV, Cable and Broadcast Television. Let Fox do it all and let the sport be covered like sports should, with at least some impartiality and journalistic integrity. Fox could shoot the fights, employ the broadcast teams and that's it on fight night. The UFC would still handle the show itself.

Let Fox sports hire and fire who they want without fear of repercussion. For god's sake get an actual broadcaster/sports journalist to host UFC tonight and let the fighters be the color commentators. The broadcast/journalistic integrity stuff is most important to me but what would you want?

Would you want Chael P to promote the fights if Dana were gone? Would you want the matchmakers to change or stay the same? Would you, like Luke Thomas and many others, want to abolish "Face the Pain"? What woud you like to change?

You would kill the ufc

Fuking fighter and the kid as commentators dont make me laugh.Schaub is terrible at breaking down fights and so delusional.And constantly talks down to callen and callen is so dumb regarding fights which is weird considering he is around alot of fighters and watches alot of them

Back