Has any UFC heavyweights surpassed Big nogs legacy?

saberd

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
forget fedor lets just look at Big Nog
anyone??

Nope. Maybe JDS and Werdum are in the conversation. In fact they could definitely be argued.

Yes. Cain, JDS, Werdum

Only difference is they aren't #CRIED fighters, so they don't get any ridiculous nostalgia hyperbole after beating 20th century fighters

Also, they need to cuckold more Japanese commentators to achieve that in fans eyes.

I dont think so. It's arguable and Nog didn't help by fighting with 500,000 miles on the odomoter and losing to (no disrespect whatsoever) guys like Struve and Roy, but I still think Nog is 2- after Fedor.

Werdum is a very close 3rd, imo. He's one of the active fighters (Werdum, Cain, JDS) with a shot at another belt and an even greater legacy. Stipe might just soar from here, too.

It's 5 a.m.. What the fuck am I doing up talking about Nog's legacy? Time to hit the sack
and then go to bed. OH!

Nowadays being a HW MMA fighter is way more different than the old days...Nog had some amazing times at Pride for sure at that time competition was way easier than today...so comparison is not fair IMO

Werdum did what Nogueira couldn't and that's beat Fedor.

He's also got some other great wins so I'd say Werdum is tied with him.

I want to say Werdum, but, since the loss I´m saying no. If he wins the rematch and defends at least 2 times, then Yrs.

No and no ones really close right now. Really if Fedor didnt exist Nog would unanimously be in everyone's top 5 p4p all time and the GOAT HW by far. His resume is actually better than Fedors in terms of quantity but Fedor is obviously the superior fighter and trashed him h2h (and Fedors win over Nog is better than any Nog win)

JDS already has a better legacy. Wins over Werdum, Stipe, Cain, Carwin, Hunt, Mir, Rothwell 2.0, Struve, Big Country, and Crocop...if he'd ever competed in Pride, it wouldn't be a question.

Definitely not, you can't justify anyone else being ranked ahead of him.

I got a question for the oldschool pride fans, how come big nog and sergei kharitonov never met in the ring?

Edit: sorry i just woke up when posted that, i meant igor vovchanchyn not sergei my bad

Last edited:
Maybe Werdum, but it's really close.

Frank Mir is getting slept on big time in this thread.

Fedor, Nog and CC have greatest legacies. Some people like to confuse legacy with resume and number of top 10 wins...lol...

No and no ones really close right now. Really if Fedor didnt exist Nog would unanimously be in everyone's top 5 p4p all time and the GOAT HW by far. His resume is actually better than Fedors in terms of quantity but Fedor is obviously the superior fighter and trashed him h2h (and Fedors win over Nog is better than any Nog win)
I have to disagree with smth you said. People always say that if there wasnt Fedor Nog would be 1st, maybe yes, maybe no. The way i see that is that then Nog would have to face CC again, who knows how many times, and i say that after their first fight there is absolutely no way Nog wins against CC again. So i think things wouldnt be like you said.

Frank Mir is getting slept on big time in this thread.

Not really. Mir has 5 or so top 10 wins. He isnt even near JDS or Cain all time. So why would he be ahead of Nog who has at least 12 top 10 wins?

He was barely 31 when he debuted in the UFC. He went 5-6 in the Octagon. By comparison, Brock gets absolutely shit on here for only going 4-3 in the UFC.

Back