Anderson Silva Doesn't Think Thomas Almeida Will Become Champion (Almeida Reacts)

Will Thomas Almeida ever become champion?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thomas Almeida is 24 years old, undefeated in more than 20 professional bouts and has won bonuses in all four of his trips to the UFC octagon. It’s a good life, but certain things can still sting.

Anderson Silva recently said he sees no Brazilians beyond Jose Aldo and Ronaldo Souza capable of winning a UFC championship. Almeida (21-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC) told MMAjunkie he was disappointed in the former middleweight champion’s comments.

“What Anderson Silva may say doesn’t affect me,” Almeida said. “I know my own worth, where I want to get, my willpower, my objective, and why I fight. I fight for my fans, for the Brazilian people, for my team, and for my family. I’m confident I’ll reach my goals. It just makes me sad to see comments like that.

“Anderson represented our country very well in the UFC. I think he may still have the record for the most title defenses. As a great icon, he should give a good example. He should encourage other fighters to work harder to reach championship status in the world’s greatest organization. I know that we Brazilians are giving our best to represent the green-and-yellow flag. We will have other belts and keep the ones we have.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/05/ufc-fi...vas-comments-on-championship-level-brazilians

I'll say yes.

He's still young, and he has all of the tools to become one. He just needs to keep his chin tucked in more, but the more experience he gets should solve that.

He has amazing KO power for his weight class.

lol way to motivate your fellow countrymen Anderson. idk if almeida will or will not become a champion but hes got a good shot. plus hes pretty fuckin young.

Your title is misleading. Anderson didnt say he thinks almeida wont become champion.

He probably wasnt even thinking of him as he was speaking.

Is normal

He has to have one of those "this is for all the people who has doubted me" speech ready after that.

Your title is misleading. Anderson didnt say he thinks almeida wont become champion.

He probably wasnt even thinking of him as he was speaking.

Is normal

Yeah, I don't think Silva was singling out Almeida on purpose but sounds like he hadn't crossed his mind at all.

Anderson may very well not even know who Almeida is.

Still a pretty huge burn to JDS though..theyve trained together. Unless he isn't counting former champs.

Yeah, Almeida probably won't be champ as long as TJ and Cruz are in that division. That being said this is a douche move by Anderson

1bZwY0c.gif

I hate this whole "I fight for my family, for God, for Brazil, etc..." It's like, fight for YOURSELF. With that said I can see him winning the belt at some point.

i dont get the hype he didnt look that good against pickett till the ko. he is exciting but i honestly think he'll become the next erick silva.

i think cody is going to pick him apart

Anderson may very well not even know who Almeida is.

Still a pretty huge burn to JDS though..theyve trained together. Unless he isn't counting former champs.

jose aldo is a former champ and he was mentioned

What was the context?

I highly doubt Anderson means there will never be another Brazilian champion after Souza and Aldo. he most likely means in the near future. which Almeida will certainly not be.

Whinging fucktards.

I hate this whole "I fight for my family, for God, for Brazil, etc..." It's like, fight for YOURSELF. With that said I can see him winning the belt at some point.

You get more drive when you fight for something greater than yourself.

That's pacquiao's entire career. Just replace brazil with philippines.

lol way to motivate your fellow countrymen Anderson. idk if almeida will or will not become a champion but hes got a good shot. plus hes pretty fuckin young.
Like the Diaz brothers motivate Americans?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back