If the count beats Luke...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Let's say by decision and Luke is healthy, Is that the biggest upset in UFC history since Bisping chances are close to zero?

It would be hilarious and I'd pop champagne. If I had any champagne but I don't because I'm poor.

Serra over GSP.
Thread/

It won't be considered the biggest upset. I still think the majority of people will rank GSP/Serra and even Ronda/Holly above it. But I might consider it the biggest upset because I consider Rockhold to be far superior to Bisping in every aspect of MMA. Bisping didn't even have a training camp for this fight, I just can't visualize any possible way that Bisping wins this fight.

It ranks up there, since virtually NO ONE is picking Bisping in this one.

Serra over GSP.
Thread/
I actually might consider this as even bigger:

They fairly recently fought, with Bisping being stopped. Bisping is old, has a manky eye, and about two weeks to prepare. Compare that to Rockhold who has beaten Bisping, Machida and Weidman in his last three fights, is huge, well rounded and in his physical prime.

Bisping has a miniscule chance, unlike Serra he doesn't even have a puncher's chance really.

It would be a definite new top contender.

If he wins sherdog will implode

If Bisping wins, whether it by a 48-47 split decision between the judges, or a unanimous 50-45, Sherdog will say that Luke was absolutely overrated, anyone could have beat him, etc.

WAR Bisping.

I actually might consider this as even bigger:

They fairly recently fought, with Bisping being stopped. Bisping is old, has a manky eye, and about two weeks to prepare. Compare that to Rockhold who has beaten Bisping, Machida and Weidman in his last three fights, is huge, well rounded and in his physical prime.

Bisping has a miniscule chance, unlike Serra he doesn't even have a puncher's chance really.
Who knew that Serra had a puncher's chance?

Serra/GSP II showed the seriousness of the gap between Serra and GSP. I don't think that Rockhold is THAT far ahead of Bisping.

It won't be considered the biggest upset. I still think the majority of people will rank GSP/Serra and even Ronda/Holly above it. But I might consider it the biggest upset because I consider Rockhold to be far superior to Bisping in every aspect of MMA. Bisping didn't even have a training camp for this fight, I just can't visualize any possible way that Bisping wins this fight.
DQ , cut or Rockhold breaks his arm or foot in freak style.

Serra over GSP is not a huge upset, that's just what happens when a blanket like GSP stands and trades with anyone.

Unless fucking Dracula shows up the count wont be winning.

Who knew that Serra had a puncher's chance?

Serra/GSP II showed the seriousness of the gap between Serra and GSP. I don't think that Rockhold is THAT far ahead of Bisping.
He just whipped his arse though. And Bisping is known for having very low power in his shots. And Rockhold is bigger, and better in every aspect of MMA.

I'm not saying it is categorically a bigger upset, but I don't believe that GSP/Serra >>>>>>>>>>>> by any stretch.

Put it this way: if the GSP/Serra matches happened in reverse order then the upset would seem bigger at the time it occurred, right? Same goes for Bisping/Rockhold. We've already seen who is better between the two, and we've already seen that Bisping's chance of landing that lucky, hail Mary punch is virtually nonexistent. He's had like 25 fights to show how little one-punch power he had.

God I hope he pulls it off too. Nothing quite like Sherdog the night after a Bisping win. So much salt, so many rustled jimmies. This being for the belt you can multiply that butthurt by 10. Especially if it's somewhat close or something weird happens during the fight.

DQ , cut or Rockhold breaks his arm or foot in freak style.
I can't even see that happening. DQ is highly unlikely, I doubt Bisping will land any significant strikes let alone cut him, and Luke is a strong athletic guy. I don't see him breaking a bone striking Michael Bisping.

Back