Chael: Jacare isn't tough, didn't accept UFC 199 fight

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
"[Souza] is great. I would never make believe that he's not. But the bottom line is, the word is ‘yes.' If you want an opportunity in America, when one comes, you need to know one word and that is ‘yes.' The difference between Michael Bisping and everybody else is one word: ‘yes.' When the opportunity came, that's what he said. ‘Jacare' is hurt? Look, fine, I'm sure he is hurt after that long, drawn-out war he just had with Vitor. You think Michael Bisping isn't hurt? Of course he's hurt. Whether he advertising it or not, he goes in and fights men everyday. There's no way to not be hurt. Who gives a damn if you're hurt, man? You're either a tough guy or you aren't."

"That's what this is really about," Sonnen said. "We're not worried about who the best fighter is. There's no way to know. It's too speculative. All we're trying to find out is who is the toughest guy in the world, at this weight class, in this set of rules, on this specific day. If you come forward and you go, ‘I can't even make the walk, I'm not even tough enough to make the walk,' fair enough, but you're now out of the conversation. They should take you out of the rankings.

"You can't hold the No. 3 spot in the world when you're openly telling everybody, ‘man, I'm not even tough enough to walk out there and try.' Fair enough. People get hurt, I get it. But you're now not that guy. If you were a true tough guy, you shut your mouth and you make the freaking walk, and it's as simple as that. The chips fall where the chips fall. But Michael Bisping, for nothing else, is a tough guy and he said yes."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/2...re-souza-should-removed-from-ufc-rankings-for

For context, how is Jacare saying he was hurt? Is he implying he isn't ready after his fight with Vitor? Because he took no damage in that fight so I don't understand. There would have to be some other source of injury, or I would have a hard time imagining he isn't straight up ducking for now.

Jacare beat both Rockhold and Yoel.

If anyone has something to prove, it's Luke or Bisping.

Say what you will about him, but Chael is not afraid to put his money where his mouth is, win or lose.

For context, how is Jacare saying he was hurt? Is he implying he isn't ready after his fight with Vitor? Because he took no damage in that fight so I don't understand. There would have to be some other source of injury, or I would have a hard time imagining he isn't straight up ducking for now.

From the source above:
Souza ended up undergoing surgery to repair his torn meniscus, while Bisping lobbied vigorously on social media for the shot at Rockhold, even with the knowledge that he would be underprepared and undertrained for a five-round fight.

Yeah the only thing that makes sense is if Jacare took the fight against Vitor hurt already, because he didn't take any damage against Vitor. So if Jacare was already hurt going into the Vitor fight but choose not to pull out. That makes sense not to fight Rockhold on that short notice. But if Jacare isn't legit hurt and just wanted more time to prepare for Rockhold. That's kind of a pussy move. Remember, Rockhold has to adjust to a new fight also.

Souza isn't Bisping or Sonnen. Marketable guys that can shit talk themselves into shorter roads to the title even if they lose the title fight.

He's compiled a 9-1 record and still hasn't been scheduled for a full camp title shot. He takes the short notice fight, hurt no less and loses(going 0-2 against Luke) and who knows what kind of win streak he'd have to build to get another shot? He's no spring chicken for that matter, he's turning 37 this year and likely doesn't have many years left in his prime.

Jacare would likely sub Chael.

Jacare played it smart. No reason to take a title fight without a full camp. He will get the next one...hopefully.

Chael was absolutely troll tastic on the MMA hour.

Say what you will about him, but Chael is not afraid to put his money where his mouth is, win or lose.

He always had that stance of be ready to fight at any time & never waiver-ed from it.

I think Jacare knows he will get the next title shot. No point in taking the fight if you not at 100%. Because if he lost he would shoot down the rankings and be forced to win at least two in a row to get another shot. He is letting Bisping get this title shot and Jacare should definitely fight the winner later this year.

He is a jerk. his only accomplishment was his first anderson fight and he lost. The guy is a loser, he needs to respect real fighters like wand anderson and jacare. jacare has a meniscus problem and had it during the vitor fight. chael is a PR guy bullshit talker and thats it.

He wants people to remember when he stepped up and got demolished by Jon Jones

"[Souza] is great. I would never make believe that he's not. But the bottom line is, the word is ‘yes.' If you want an opportunity in America, when one comes, you need to know one word and that is ‘yes.' The difference between Michael Bisping and everybody else is one word: ‘yes.' When the opportunity came, that's what he said. ‘Jacare' is hurt? Look, fine, I'm sure he is hurt after that long, drawn-out war he just had with Vitor. You think Michael Bisping isn't hurt? Of course he's hurt. Whether he advertising it or not, he goes in and fights men everyday. There's no way to not be hurt. Who gives a damn if you're hurt, man? You're either a tough guy or you aren't."

"That's what this is really about," Sonnen said. "We're not worried about who the best fighter is. There's no way to know. It's too speculative. All we're trying to find out is who is the toughest guy in the world, at this weight class, in this set of rules, on this specific day. If you come forward and you go, ‘I can't even make the walk, I'm not even tough enough to make the walk,' fair enough, but you're now out of the conversation. They should take you out of the rankings.

"You can't hold the No. 3 spot in the world when you're openly telling everybody, ‘man, I'm not even tough enough to walk out there and try.' Fair enough. People get hurt, I get it. But you're now not that guy. If you were a true tough guy, you shut your mouth and you make the freaking walk, and it's as simple as that. The chips fall where the chips fall. But Michael Bisping, for nothing else, is a tough guy and he said yes."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/2...re-souza-should-removed-from-ufc-rankings-for
Fucking idiot,and one of the most boring cheating fighter ever. A tough man contest is not the same as UFC anymore, and he knows it.Bisping and pussy Chael took chances because they were great opportunities, for lower fighters to become champion.Jacare is no.1 contender, so why should he take such a huge chance,when his knee is damaged.Chael admitted he tapped many times to get out of fights, and says many fighters look for way out during fight. Chael is a yes man, to anybody above him,because he was a journeyman and knew there was no other way to get big fights.The guy can talk,but he is quite thick. The guy always contradicts himself. Not a tough guy for sure

Cheap being patriotic and pro-ufc here. Do you take the fight then lose or take the fight and use peds, Chael? Or take shortcuts by calling your gums?

Smart champions at the top of division stay that way by minimising their weaknesses. All the guys who had long consecutive title defences are smart enough to learn to say no.

Fucking idiot,and one of the most boring cheating fighter ever. A tough man contest is not the same as UFC anymore, and he knows it.Bisping and pussy Chael took chances because they were great opportunities, for lower fighters to become champion.Jacare is no.1 contender, so why should he take such a huge chance,when his knee is damaged.Chael admitted he tapped many times to get out of fights, and says many fighters look for way out during fight. Chael is a yes man, to anybody above him,because he was a journeyman and knew there was no other way to get big fights.The guy can talk,but he is quite thick. The guy always contradicts himself. Not a tough guy for sure

sonnen-busted.gif

Back