Miesha Tate: Rousey is 'emotionally unstable', McGregor could be getting 'big-headed'

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/5/2...rview-miesha-tate-ronda-rousey-conor-mcgregor

usa-today-8409184.0.jpg

When Ronda Rousey revealed that she had been feeling suicidal in the aftermath of her loss to Holly Holm, it led many to question to former bantamweight champion's state of mind.

Miesha Tate, who now sits atop the women's 135-pound throne after choking Holly Holm unconscious at UFC 196, believes 'Rowdy's' reaction following the loss was a symptom of an underlying emotional problem.

"I think Ronda is somewhat emotionally unstable and I think that's been characteristic for a long time," Tate said on Sirius XM, per Jed Meshew of MMA Fighting. "Doesn't mean she fights any worse for it. I'm not knocking her as an athlete but emotionally she's just got some things that are a little bit strange and I think that that was one of them."

'Cupcake' also revealed on the Joe Rogan podcast that Rousey scolded strawweight talent Paige VanZant at a Reebok sponsorship deal. The 29-year-old feels that type behaviour is typical of Rousey and says there is a stark contrast between her and VanZant.

"This is why I feel like I identify with Paige more. She's so kind and when this whole thing happened she was like, ‘we're emotional beings and hopefully I can make it right with Ronda" and she's still such a sweetheart but I'm not that way....

When Ronda does things like that to me I'm just like, ‘No, eff you.' I'm not gonna bow down and not say how I feel."

Tate then shifted the conversation towards the UFC's other golden child, Conor McGregor. Despite McGregor's recent fallout with the company, Tate feels as though the Irishman is given the special treatment he demanded when he refused to fulfil media obligations in Las Vegas last month.

The former Strikeforce champion is a fan of McGregor's but worries he could be getting too big for his boots.

"The UFC has gone above and beyond to accommodate him and you've got to think about this too: how did Conor McGregor become Conor McGregor? If there was no UFC you wouldn't know who he was. It's been a mutual effort on both their parts. The UFC has spent a tremendous amount of money promoting Conor McGregor and he's made a lot of money - for himself and for them - but it's teamwork. They're both working hard to create something great and it has been great but don't change now Conor. Stay the course. This is what you've been doing this is what got you here. Don't get big headed and now think that you're above it because I think that's the downfall."

Tate will defend her BW title against Amanda Nunes at UFC 200 and, if she wins, it's expected that she'll complete her trilogy fight with Rousey at the end of the year.

Conor McGregor is being targeted for a welterweight rematch with Nate Diaz at UFC 202, but negotiations with Stockton's own have proved to be problematic.

/

Cupcake keeping it real. Rousey is so mentally broken I doubt she will even respond. Don't know about Conor. He should forget about a rematch with Diaz, which he will lose again, and just get his backside back down to his own weight class and defend the belt. Looks like he and the UFC are trying to loophole him out of it anyway.

She said similar before & it mirrors what a lot of others think as well.

Could be getting big headed? A little late on that assessment.

While Meesh is 100% correct, I find her annoying because she is speaking so much after becoming champ

She's always got a lot to say about Ronda. She largest gets a pass even though they both don't like each other.

"Miesha Tate is getting big-headed, she's also emotionally unstable." -- Kenny Florian

Meisha should know a thing or two about getting Humbled.

Funny how all these guys only get articles when they mention ronda or conor.Its almost like there irrelevant without mentioning them

Wow she's so smart noticing things that the world discovered in 2015

While Meesh is 100% correct, I find her annoying because she is speaking so much after becoming champ

You are joking right?

You really don't get that as a champ that she will be interviewed more?

Captain Obvious, Dana is trying to stir the pot for Tate Rousey 3.

She starting to make me want to see Ronda come back... puke.

Miesha is getting to be 'annoying' and 'unbearable'

I like Miesha, she supports manlets, has a nice ass and the will to fight thru adversity. It wasn't an easy path to the gold.

But she should take it easy, her only dominant win lately was vs Jessica Eye. She had a tepid perfornance vs undersized Rinjob Nakai, was losing vs McMann and Queen Holly, and obv Honda would still wreck her.

So yeah, chill the f*** down cupcake !

Ronda tentative PTSD diagnosis

Intrusive memories
Symptoms of intrusive memories may include:

• Recurrent, unwanted distressing memories of the traumatic event
  • Reliving the traumatic event as if it were happening again (flashbacks)
  • Upsetting dreams about the traumatic event
  • Severe emotional distress or physical reactions to something that reminds you of the event
Avoidance
Symptoms of avoidance may include:

• Trying to avoid thinking or talking about the traumatic event
  • Avoiding places, activities or people that remind you of the traumatic event
Negative changes in thinking and mood
Symptoms of negative changes in thinking and mood may include:

• Negative feelings about yourself or other people
  • Inability to experience positive emotions
  • Feeling emotionally numb
  • Lack of interest in activities you once enjoyed
  • Hopelessness about the future
  • Memory problems, including not remembering important aspects of the traumatic event
  • Difficulty maintaining close relationships
Changes in emotional reactions
Symptoms of changes in emotional reactions (also called arousal symptoms) may include:

• Irritability, angry outbursts or aggressive behavior
  • Always being on guard for danger
  • Overwhelming guilt or shame
  • Self-destructive behavior, such as drinking too much or driving too fast
  • Trouble concentrating
  • Trouble sleeping
  • Being easily startled or frightened

I'm not gonna read that wall of text just to learn one chick cant get along with another(breaking news, btw). I'll just leave a pic, like I do in every Meisha thread. You're welcome.

image.jpeg

Ronda tentative PTSD diagnosis

Intrusive memories
Symptoms of intrusive memories may include:

• Recurrent, unwanted distressing memories of the traumatic event
  • Reliving the traumatic event as if it were happening again (flashbacks)
  • Upsetting dreams about the traumatic event
  • Severe emotional distress or physical reactions to something that reminds you of the event
Avoidance
Symptoms of avoidance may include:

• Trying to avoid thinking or talking about the traumatic event
  • Avoiding places, activities or people that remind you of the traumatic event
Negative changes in thinking and mood
Symptoms of negative changes in thinking and mood may include:

• Negative feelings about yourself or other people
  • Inability to experience positive emotions
  • Feeling emotionally numb
  • Lack of interest in activities you once enjoyed
  • Hopelessness about the future
  • Memory problems, including not remembering important aspects of the traumatic event
  • Difficulty maintaining close relationships
Changes in emotional reactions
Symptoms of changes in emotional reactions (also called arousal symptoms) may include:

• Irritability, angry outbursts or aggressive behavior
  • Always being on guard for danger
  • Overwhelming guilt or shame
  • Self-destructive behavior, such as drinking too much or driving too fast
  • Trouble concentrating
  • Trouble sleeping
  • Being easily startled or frightened

Oh behalf of the community that suffers from PTSD, we do not claim her...

Back