How many wins away is Barao from TS?

Nightmaree

Questionmark
@Silver
Reaction score
So how many wins Barao needs to get TS at FW ? He is fighting #9 guy right now, i think UFC will give him TS after 2 (maximum 3) wins at FW.

What you think ? who should he fight next if he wins? Holloway/Lamas winner maybe? but Holloway deserves TS with win. Lamas vs Barao is a good fight for n1 contender if both victorious imo

Dos wins, assuming that mess at the top gets settled out.

Throw him in there right after Faber, win or lose. Barao Cruz is a fight we should have seen years ago.

Honestly wouldn't care if they swapped out Buttchin with Barao right now. I've no interest in seeing Cruz beat another TAM fighter, especially one he's already beaten.

It all depends how many fights he'd have to win, between the guaranteed money, win bonus, and maybe a fight of the night bonus, and how much surgery is in Brazil to become a transexual.

Probably at least 3 as backed up as featherweight has been.

I'd say two or three. Beat Stephens, fight and beat Mendes, then get a TS or fight against one more top guy like Edgar or Holloway.

depends how everything goes at the top.

If Aldo beats Edgar and Connor, Barao could clean out the division, I don't think we'd see them fight in the octagon.

If Edgar beats Aldo* and then Connor** (twice considering the immediate rematch that will come about) or if Aldo beats Edgar and then beats Coner (regardless of if he wins of loses in the inevitable rubber match), I think Renando has to win at least two besides Stephens to be relevant and in the hunt during that time. I say two assuming no one else puts together a better streak during that time. Holloway, for one, would have to have his streak broken during that time for Renan to be in the mix (probably)

Even if he blew the doors off Lil' Heathen*** he is not going to be in line for the next available title fight, or the next one after that. I think that means the earliest he could fight for the FW title is like, January or February next year, but realistically we're talking more like April or May of next year, I think he would have to have 3 GREAT wins in that time for that to happen****

*He will
**He will
***He will
****He won't

X factor of course is whether or not MacGregor ever returns to 45. If he just abdicates and Edgar becomes the official champ, everything gets blown to smithereens. Barao with a dominant win over Stephens would suddenly be right up there. I think he could get a number one contender match against Mendes or Holloway or someone if Edgar smokes Aldo.

Throw him in there right after Faber, win or lose. Barao Cruz is a fight we should have seen years ago.

Honestly wouldn't care if they swapped out Buttchin with Barao right now. I've no interest in seeing Cruz beat another TAM fighter, especially one he's already beaten.
145 bruh

Probably 3 or 4 solid wins. I don't think he is gonna beat Stephens though, its not a good fight for him

If all lines up and he beats Stephens impressively then it should go

Q3 2016 - Aldo/Edgar
Q4 2016 - McGregor vs winner of Aldo/Edgar
Q1 2017 - Winner of (McGregor vs Aldo/Edgar) vs Holloway if he beats Lamas

So really only two fights at featherweight if Barao is impressive enough and Holloway loses. A former champ will always get a bit of favour and rightly so.

Shit he finally moved up?

Can he drop back down to fight Cruz? C'mon Gay Jesus do me a solid.

giphy.gif

Depends who they match him up with if after Stephens, but most likely 3.

Many factors to be considered. It matters how he performs. If he absolutely dominates and fights confidently versus Stephens than it gets him a lot closer to a title shot than if he fights hesitantly and gets a split decision win.

Shit he finally moved up?

Can he drop back down to fight Cruz? C'mon Gay Jesus do me a solid.

giphy.gif
IDK, I think that stylistically, he doesn't really have much for Cruz, unless he could somehow get a takedown, which, sure I guess it's possible, but Faber is the overall superior grappler, both in terms of TD's and subs. Cruz darts and ducks on Barao's overhand right all day imo.

Barao vs Connor is actually much more compelling stylistically, imo

If he looks as shit at 145 as he did in his last two outings he might need about 10

IDK, I think that stylistically, he doesn't really have much for Cruz, unless he could somehow get a takedown, which, sure I guess it's possible, but Faber is the overall superior grappler, both in terms of TD's and subs. Cruz darts and ducks on Barao's overhand right all day imo.

Barao vs Connor is actually much more compelling stylistically, imo

I'm not even sure if Conor is fighting anymore, let alone defending his belt. I don't know what to think.

Frankie would have beat that ass, which is why he's had to fight literally everyone else title worthy. I wouldn't mind a Barao/Edgar match.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back