Who has more raw, natural talent for fighting: BJ Penn or Jon Jones?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tough question... I personally dont know the answer. Some may say Jones, but the man was a wrestler for 10 years before he was champ... Penn only had a few years in JiuJitsu, although he was a black belt phenom... what u guys say?

Anderson...

Wang.

300x300.jpg

Holy shit is this even a question?

Jones all fucking day. Dude was on coke, weed, alcohol, and self admitted he wasnt training as hard as he should.

Still unbeaten. Yes i know about hamill.

Well i don't know about talent,but BJ fought a heavyweight and undefeated machida with pride rules and lost a decision...So we know who has bigger balls!

Jones destroyed everyone three years after becoming an MMA fighter. BJs skills were amazing too but he came around at a different time when MMA was still young and he also had world class BJJ credentials to his name. Jones wrestling credentials aren't really all that impressive. So Jones.

BJ. LW that fought at HW.

I think that Jones not training for fights is complete bullshit. He is always in shape. ALWAYS. BJ was flabby most of the time.

Holy shit is this even a question?

Jones all fucking day. Dude was on coke, weed, alcohol, and self admitted he wasnt training as hard as he should.
bj never admitted it, but it could be the same scenario.

Jones, and it's not even close. Just look at his record, and who he's fought.

Jones is the big daddy of them all.

Booyah!

Mighty Mouse

But of your choices, I'd say Jones. Hard to say though. BJ was world champion in BJJ after a very short time (was it two years? Four years max).

Bones without a doubt. The dudes an absolute machine and runs through great fighters like nothing.

BJ had world class BJJ credentials to his name. Jones wrestling credentials aren't really all that impressive. So Jones.

I think you dug yourself into a hole there.

Last edited:
Prob. Jones, but what does that matter when both Jon Jones' bros have more natural talent in fighting than he does.

The only reason why they aren't' fighting is because they also happen to be decent enough athletes to make it into a more worthwhile sport.

BJ. Dude fought anyone at any weight. Most gifted fighter ever in mma I think.

If BJ was so great why did he lose like half of his fights? Just because he was willing to fight slightly bigger guys and lose doesn't make him some sort of legendary fighter. This myth really needs to stop.

Jones does not have talent for fighting, just some huge physical advantages that bring him almost always (coff Gustafsson coff) to victory.

So, I'll say 'Penn'.

Back