Is Ariel the Mean Gene Okerlund of mma?

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Every single important interview he is pretty much behind it. It reminds me of when Ric flair or hulk hogan would be shown backstage they always talked to mean gene.

Ariel is the GOAT and his haters are sheep.

More like Mean Scheme.

5-Billy-Madison-quotes.gif

No ... he is the Ariel of MMA
Mean Gene was/is a lecherous drunk that was not a real interviewer.
Great & distinctive voice though.

Ariel made his own niche in MMA & done great.

Every single important interview he is pretty much behind it. It reminds me of when Ric flair or hulk hogan would be shown backstage they always talked to mean gene.
It would seem he certainly wants to be. Good analogy OP.

This is how Ariel does his interviews with fighters. Asks fighter A, "Where do you see the weaknesses in his game and how do you plan on exploiting them?" Fighter answers. Goes to Fighter B, "Fighter A said that these are your weaknesses and plans on exploiting them. What do you have to say about that?"

No, these are not the "tough questions". He tries to instigate things, he is like the paparazzi who tries to rile celebrities so they get a reaction out of them.

I disliked Ariel, but then I decided to watch him and it happened to be GSP interview.

It reminded what an awkward sociopath he is. After GSP interview ended he gave the least emphatic, fakest hyping up for upcoming news. It's like he isn't really excited about any if this stuff but sorta assuming that he is supposed to act like this or that. But it is visible, the unnaturalness of it all. Of course he can put in a lot of work and make a lot of question for the fighters to answer, but it doesn't mean I will enjoy watching his show because of it.

More like Jonathan Coachman. Both worked as backstage interviewers and later signed onto major networks(Fox and ESPN).
Except Coach kept his job tho.
0.jpg

mean-gene-alligator-o.gif

Mean Gene should be the manager of Jacare :p

Yes, in that he's also the perpetual straight man to many of the interviewees, constantly being messed with.

The Howard Cosell of MMA aka the GOAT. <3

This thread made reminded me of when Mean Gene started laughing when Ken Patera was butchering a promo.

Pfft, until Ariel gets his own chain of burger joints, he's got nothing on Mean Gene.

P4P best instigator in the business, especially considering he's not a work like in the WWE. Mad respect to the Mermaid of drama. Wish he would feud a bit more with Fox after they cut him but I'll settle for those impeccably timed passive aggressive breaking news Tweets.

Back