Out side of beating RR Holm is pretty Meh as a fighter.

Imalive

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Outside of the real life Rocky 3 story which was the Holm/RR fight Holm is a very unimpressive fighter. She got taken down and 10-8ed by Tate and I can't even remember the last time another champ lost a round 10-8. The next time she hits the mat she gets choked out in seconds by Tate who hadn't finished anyone since 2012.

She was offered a chance to fight Cyborg after claiming she would but turns it down claiming she was waiting for a rematch everyone knew she wasn't getting because she didn't deserve one.

None of her fights in the ufc outside of RR have been very exciting and she has 1 top 10 win.

I can't even remember the last time another champ lost a round 10-8

sonnenvssilva.jpg

Kinda true however she happens to be the perfect style to beat cyborg too. I agree she wasn't likely to get the rematch but she hoped otherwise and is now game for Borg.

I agree. She's just a boring point fighter and she has been horribly overrated. I have no clue why she is headlining over Rumble-Glover. Even Jon Fitch had a finish or two.

Kinda true however she happens to be the perfect style to beat cyborg too. I agree she wasn't likely to get the rematch but she hoped otherwise and is now game for Borg.
Cyborg would kill her.

Are we now pretending that beating the shit out of RR is not a big deal?? And she lost to Tate who is one of the best female fighters in the world, there is no shame in that and it was a close fight. I think she will be champ again, future will tell.

I was pretty shocked at how bad her ground game was. I didn't expect her to be better then Miesha but she trains at one of the best camps in MMA I don't get how they haven't fixed that hole in her game.

Cyborg would fuck Holm up.

I was pretty shocked at how bad her ground game was. I didn't expect her to be better then Miesha but she trains at one of the best camps in MMA I don't get how they haven't fixed that hole in her game.

I`m sure they thought she could handle Miesha better on the ground but yeah i was not expecting to be so one sided and she really didn`t know what to do, but in the very next day she was already training RNC defense and working hard on her ground game with the new BJJ coaches that they have in there, i think she has the right mind set to be champ again, i`m picking her in a rematch with Tate or Rousey, or in a fight with Nunes.

She derailed the Rhonda hype train. That's more than enough reason for her to forever be the people's champ.

Ya this is what I was saying back in the beginning of the year but I kept getting jumped on being called an idiot because everyone was to busy worshipping at her feet like she was an mma god ( beating the piss out of rousey will do that though ) I even had people arguing with me the holly has beaten better opponents then ronda and meisha combined o.0

I`m sure they thought she could handle Miesha better on the ground but yeah i was not expecting to be so one sided and she really didn`t know what to do, but in the very next day she was already training RNC defense and working hard on her ground game with the new BJJ coaches that they have in there, i think she has the right mind set to be champ again, i`m picking her in a rematch with Tate or Rousey, or in a fight with Nunes.

Yea I remember reading that she went right back into training which is the right mindset. Will see if the training pays off but I could easily see her beating Miesha in a rematch.

Who in WBW except RR isn't a meh fighter? Tate has 1 finish in 7 UFC fights, Zingano is pretty exciting but has terrible fight IQ, Nunes has a horrible gas tank, WMMA hasn't evolved to the point where the fighters don't have holes in their game. Holm might be a novice on the mat but Tate, Rousey and everybody else are all novices on the feet, way too much bias towards grapplers these days. She will always be leaps and bounds ahead of any top 5 fighter when it comes to striking. You shouldn't blame the counter-fighter, you should blame the fighter refusing to engage.

Back