If Almeida wins impressively is it too early to have him fight for the title?

MagnusGOAT

Make America Great Britain again.
@Black
Reaction score
I know he still has a heap of his game that needs improving but it's good to see exciting fighters come through the ranks. I wouldn't be against him getting a shot or atleast a high ranked fighter coming off this fight.

Thoughts?

No its not too early. Get him in the fight. If he's in the ufc with a record of 20-0, then there's no more time to baby him.

Huge Almeida fan but no, have him fight the Lineker vs. Mayday winner first. I just hope his chin holds up.

Huge Almeida fan but no, have him fight the Lineker vs. Mayday winner first. I just hope his chin holds up.
I could see him struggling with both Mayday and Linekar.

Bit too early. But I'll not be surprise if they gave him a TS.

We've seen worst.

VelvetyBelatedBellsnake.gif

Chael-Sonnen-and-Jon-Jones.jpg

Nah. In fact, if he has no problems with Garbrandt's wrestling that's even more reason to give him a step up.

If he wins, what's his best win? He has no wins against ranked competition unless Pickett was for some reason ranked at BW after a disappointing run at FLW. He's probably overdue for a fight against a highly ranked opponent if he wins, but he has no business getting a title shot off of a win over Garbrandt. The next title shot should go to the winner of Dillashaw vs Assuncao.

Not after a win over Garbrandt. Would love to see Marlon Moraes get signed. Him vs Almeida in a title eliminator (assuming Dilly/Assuncao gets the shot after Faber) would be amazing, provided Almeida wins this weekend.

Dillashaw vs Assunção winner for the next shot. Sterling vs Almeida next or Faber vs Almeida

Too early in the sense he could develop more, but I think he will have done enough to deserve it.

Too early. He needs someone in the top 5. Maybe loser of Dillashaw-Assuncao II. Or even Faber after he loses to Cruz.

I think so. Even if it isn't, TJ/Assuncao winner is getting the next shot anyway. I would like to see him fight the winner of Sterling/Caraway or Mayday/Lineker but a lot of people don't like matching up prospects

Yes. Dillashaw-Assuncao winner will get the next shot.

I have a feeling Almeida is going to get starched in this fight against Garbrandt; but regardless of who wins, either one should require 1 or 2 more highly ranked wins before they get a title shot.

At FightMatrix, he's only ranked 14th.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/bantamweight/

And Cody is ranked 35th. So beating him shouldn't get Almeida a title shot.

But, Garbrandt has been getting some hype. Largely because of the TAM connection. So it'd be a solid win. I think Almeida has been getting good hype, so a title shot is probably only one good win away if he beats Garbrandt.

He still wouldn't be the first choice but I could see a good argument for him filling in late or something like that

Tj was 9-2 in mma when he fought for the title and was on a 1 fight winning streak. So no I don't think it's too early

Back