Nate Diaz Blasts Donald Cerrone

TheWobbler

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
“Treat yourself like a business and quit f*cking (saying) ‘I’ll fight for free,’” Diaz said. “That don’t help nobody. That’s bad karma for you for even f*cking (saying that). Stupid ass Cowboy Cerrone says that sh*t. That’s bad karma for everybody. You’ll fight for free, now everybody else has got to? Why wouldn’t they pay us? Because they got dumbsh*ts like you fighting for free. Start acting like a businessman and start treating yourself like a business and get your ass paid for being in an Octagon. The whole world watches you fight.

“….Baseball players. These guys are getting paid millions of dollars, and we’re entertaining the entertainers. So doesn’t that make us the crème de la crème? Shouldn’t we be paid the f*ck out? Why are you fighting for free, you dumbsh*t motherf*cker. That sh*t gets on my last nerve.”

Is nate right. Do fighters have themselves to blame for the poor standards of pay.

Cerrone said he was willing to fight conor on the same money, that was stupid as he pisses it up the wall and said himself on the shaubs podcast he will end up broke after his fighting days.

He is right.

The Cerrone's of the world ruin everything...I hate UFC Yes Men.

The truth is, MMA fighters feel so lucky for having MMA as an outlet because they come from wrestling,judo,bjj,etc...Shit that doesn't pay.

So when they do get paid for doing something they like, they feel lucky even tho they are getting ripped off. The UFC takes advantage of this fact.

Most MMA fighters would of stopped their careers once they were out of college...at best they would own a gym.

Boxers see it as business, they know they have worth...MMA fighters see it as guys who think they are lucky.

Is really pathetic IMO....Glad Nate Diaz is changing the game.

Fedor tried to change the game but the UFC shills attacked him.

Last edited:
Well, Cerrone loves fighting and Nate doesn't. Their respective statements make sense when you realize that.

I think Cerrone says that just cause he loves to fight and is ready to throw down whenever. His record proves that but at the same time Nate did bring up solid points.

Capitalistic Diaz is born.

36auN1.gif

money-50-cent-haters-o.gif

Creme de la creme? We throwin French shit now?!

Nate thinks he's hot shit now because he won the lottery and beat a featherweight. Now he's a total diva. If you're a fighter why wouldnt you fight as much as possible? With the Reebok deal and low fighter pay Cowboy is just trying to make as much dough as he can. All Nate did before the Conor fight was bitch and fight once a year for $20k

He has a point. Not that Donald fights for peanuts. But even with disclosed pay not being everything his last disclosed was 79k on a loss. Donald could likely make more but he likes to fight so doesn't play hardball like he should.

Is Nate really wrong? I don't think so... They are fighters, they have so small window to make money, Athletes have all the earning potentials, but they are cursed that their windows of opportunity is so small & Nate being vocal about that earning capability is absolutely right.

If yes man like Cerrone can make any impact of other fighters earning potential( While being example for Zuffa, through whom they can justify the lower pay for their fighters) Then Nate or any other fighters have every right to be pissed off. Point is Cerrone isn't intelligent & haven't learned to think collectively or otherwise he would have seen that he isn't helping his fellow fighters.

However, this pay me what i want attitude works best during contract negotiation time; not after you sign it - then its your own damn fault for putting pen to paper.

Nate thinks he's hot shit now because he won the lottery and beat a featherweight. Now he's a total diva. If you're a fighter why wouldnt you fight as much as possible? With the Reebok deal and low fighter pay Cowboy is just trying to make as much dough as he can. All Nate did before the Conor fight was bitch and fight once a year for $20k

Don't put the weight thing on him. He never asked for Conor.

“Treat yourself like a business and quit f*cking (saying) ‘I’ll fight for free,’” Diaz said. “That don’t help nobody. That’s bad karma for you for even f*cking (saying that). Stupid ass Cowboy Cerrone says that sh*t. That’s bad karma for everybody. You’ll fight for free, now everybody else has got to? Why wouldn’t they pay us? Because they got dumbsh*ts like you fighting for free. Start acting like a businessman and start treating yourself like a business and get your ass paid for being in an Octagon. The whole world watches you fight.

“….Baseball players. These guys are getting paid millions of dollars, and we’re entertaining the entertainers. So doesn’t that make us the crème de la crème? Shouldn’t we be paid the f*ck out? Why are you fighting for free, you dumbsh*t motherf*cker. That sh*t gets on my last nerve.”

Is nate right. Do fighters have themselves to blame for the poor standards of pay.

Cerrone said he was willing to fight conor on the same money, that was stupid as he pisses it up the wall and said himself on the shaubs podcast he will end up broke after his fighting days.
When has Cerrone said he would fight for free?? Source?

Nate's right. Why on earth one would fight for free I don't know. I love driving but I wouldn't do it for free.

Dana every time a Diaz shows to an interview:

200w.gif

People who get paid less are way better, right?
I couldn't care less. I prefer the active fighter who fights as often as possible for the fans as opposed to the less active and whiny alternative. Pay means nothing to me if that was the case I'd go watch soccer or basketball where the real money is.

Back