Nate Diaz's Epic Rant Schools "Low-Budget" UFC Fighters (Long)

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"Entertainers are there in the front row. I'm sitting there with Lil Jon and f*cking Mike Tyson and who else? Everybody. Anyone you could think of that's famous is sitting front row. Baseball players. These guys are getting paid millions of dollars, and we're entertaining the entertainers. So doesn't that make us the crème de la crème? Shouldn't we be paid the f*ck out? Why are you fighting for free, you dumbsh*t motherf*cker. That sh*t gets on my last nerve."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/2...-to-dana-white-s-infamous-needle-mover-remark

I still hear casual people and reporters mix nate and nick diaz up. Nick is still the bigger drawl.

I thought Nate did actually make a pretty good point there.

Still its funny the fact people get him and Nick mixed up for each other :p

Dummy - "hey you fought Anderson and then you fought Conor? woah dude"

I agree that fighters should get paid more but not for "entertaining the entertainers". That's like Monica Lewinsky getting a senate seat because she sucked Bill's clinton.

He does make a good point though that if fighters agree to fight for too little money, the others will have no choice but to accept smaller salaries too. I'm pretty sure there is an economic term for this (is it dumping maybe?) but alas, I know as much about economics as Nate does.

I agree that fighters should get paid more but not for "entertaining the entertainers". That's like Monica Lewinsky getting a senate seat because she sucked Bill's clinton.

Thats like Bryan Caraway being in UFC because he lets Meisha ram him

Sometimes the Diaz brothers stream of consciousness is as coherent as some sherdoggers.

They fought almost who's who of middle divisions (FW to MW) combined.

Before the Connor and Nate fight it was cringewortgy how many ppl on FB were being that " Dummy"

Sometimes the Diaz brothers stream of consciousness is as coherent as some sherdoggers.
Have you been to the War Room?
The Diaz bros are some Noble awards candidates compared to us that post there.

He's correct. You've gotta know your value in the workplace.

He does make a good point though that if fighters agree to fight for too little money, the others will have no choice but to accept smaller salaries too. I'm pretty sure there is an economic term for this (is it dumping maybe?) but alas, I know as much about economics as Nate does.
its the race to the bottom, you know like how things get outsourced to the lowest paying workers elsewhere. unless theres a more techinical term than i can think of.

but i agree with his point tho, cant sell yourself short if youre worth more. youre career in this game isnt long but the health effects sure are long term. sometimes you gotta be selfish in this individual sport.

This has to be bullshit. Nate used the phrase "crème de la crème"?

Are you sure he didn't just say "we're top-notch motherfuckers"?

Exactly I can't stand suck ups like "I'll fight for free" Coronne who he was talking about either. War Nate.

Best part

"Treat yourself like a business and quit f*cking (saying) ‘I'll fight for free,'" Diaz continued. "That don't help nobody. That's bad karma for you for even f*cking (saying that). Stupid ass Cowboy Cerrone says that sh*t. That's bad karma for everybody. You'll fight for free, now everybody else has got to? Why wouldn't they pay us? Because they got dumbsh*ts like you fighting for free. Start acting like a businessman and start treating yourself like a business and get your ass paid for being in an Octagon. The whole world watches you fight.

Nasty Nate has a point.

Yeah, god forbid a guy just wants to fight and not worry about other shit.

This has to be bullshit. Nate used the phrase "crème de la crème"?

Are you sure he didn't just say "we're top-notch motherfuckers"?
Just because he's not some fast talking hipster don't let it fool you Nate's a smart dude.

Back