UFC more valuable than WWE?

OrigFan255

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Just read in the NYPost today and they claimed that WWE is worth $1.3 billion....Someone in another post that UFC was estimated from $1.3 - $1.8 billion a year or two ago I think it was.

Wonder if WWE's best days are behind them?
Pretty crazy if true...WWE has become boring and repetitive, I think...I mean how many storylines can you do before you think, "I have seen this before!"

Not here to bash WWE cause I use to like it but now? No way!

Anyone think WWE is bigger than UFC in 2016?

I think the UFC has surpassed WWE. I think it happened a while ago. The last guy I heard mention WWE was a nerdy buddy of mine who was somehow related to the undertaker (supposedly). I'm not surprised he'd be interested in WWE over MMA.

If you hear combat discussions these days it's either MMA talk, or it's centered on one of about 4 boxers. (May, Paq, GGG, Canelo, basically)

WWE is nowhere near the moneymaker UFC is.

Revenue was about 600 mill for both WWE and the UFC last year, according to the lightning quick google search I just made.

Edit: I'm aware the revenue isn't everything and doesn't give us the whole picture, but it's the only number that the UFC has released whatsoever. Lorenzo's 600 mill claim is all we have to work with.

Last edited:
Just read in the NYPost today and they claimed that WWE is worth $1.3 billion....Someone in another post that UFC was estimated from $1.3 - $1.8 billion a year or two ago I think it was.

Wonder if WWE's best days are behind them?
Pretty crazy if true...WWE has become boring and repetitive, I think...I mean how many storylines can you do before you think, "I have seen this before!"

Not here to bash WWE cause I use to like it but now? No way!

Anyone think WWE is bigger than UFC in 2016?

UFC has a product that's actually intrinsically valuable whereas WWE is all about name brand...

For example... Fight fans will always watch UFC as long as the integrity of the sport continues, they will always have people tune it to see the next champion.

WWE however is a soap opera, and most of the money is directed towards the stars themselves, Vince McMahon owns John Cena's name, and Triple H's etc. So the WWE brand is only as valuable as those stars. And if you've noticed, many of them have left (The Rock, Stone Cold, HBK, Flair, Big Show, Lesnar, Etc.) and so their product is worth a lot less than it used to be.

While UFC does have bigger names than others, Ronda Vs Mighty Mouse for example is a huge gap, but there will always be another Ronda, or another Conor, because there will always be another champion.... There is only 1 stone cold, and WWE will never get him back...

I think this is why UFC has surpassed WWE.

It's not always about the obvious business criteria. Consider alone the amount of money that is made indirectly and externally based on betting alone... a money-generator that doesn't exist for scripted entertainment like pro wrestling.

Revenue was about 600 mill for both WWE and the UFC last year, according to the lightning quick google search I just made.

2015 WWE Net Income
24.14M

They run 200 events a year plus original network programming, etc.
The profit margin is a lot tighter (WWE)

5 year prior they made over double that!

WWE expenses are pretty high, what with the constant travel with 2 shows a week and various other "blackout" shows.

It's not always about the obvious business criteria. Consider alone the amount of money that is made indirectly and externally based on betting alone... a money-generator that doesn't exist for scripted entertainment like pro wrestling.

Thats a great point.

The problem with WWE is that without the stars, there really is no show, and UFC has this problem but to a much lesser extent because they are showing you a sport rather than a script.

Its also much easier for UFC to promote up and coming fighters and hype them, than it is for WWE to find new and charismatic personalities who are willing to travel year round and perform insane (more or less) stunts

Thats a great point.

The problem with WWE is that without the stars, there really is no show, and UFC has this problem but to a much lesser extent because they are showing you a sport rather than a script.

Its also much easier for UFC to promote up and coming fighters and hype them, than it is for WWE to find new and charismatic personalities who are willing to travel year round and perform insane (more or less) stunts

Actually, WWE has plenty.
It is just Vince at 70 yrs old has no clue what younger audiences want to see.
His creative is horrendous.

The most popular thing on WWE Network is 'NXT" & Vince has nothing to do with it ;)

Everyone says "WWE is for kids", but truth is - WWE's biggest audience is 40-50 yr olds.
Very few kids watch WWE
About 1/5 of what they used to get 18 years ago.

Vince creative has lost 2/3 of his audience & hardly made any new fans in the last ten plus years.
The audience is held over from The Attitude Era

Personally I think WWE was slowly declining since the day it was no longer the WWF. This is my subjective opinion of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back